Architecture Tour Chicago | Chicago Architecture Boat Tours and Cruises
Architecture tours Chicago are a great way to spend your day while you're in the Windy City. Chicago has one of the world's most stunning city scapes so getting in-between the buildings and learning something about them is a great idea. The Chicago Architecture Foundation offers several awesome walking tours that everyone in your group will love.
- Lights, Camera, Architecture! Many huge Hollywood blockbusters have been filmed in the city of Chicago, including Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. This tour takes you to the locations where some of your favorite movies have been filmed! You probably won't see Batman during your tour, but you will learn a lot about the films and history of these monumental locations in Chicago.
- Sacred Spaces in Downtown Chicago: Along with skyscrapers, Chicago is a city with many striking churches. The 90-minute Sacred Spaces in Downtown Chicago walking tour will take you to a wide range of sacred places in Chicago, even to the "tallest church in the world!" You don't have to be religious to appreciate sacred architecture tours Chicago.
River and Lake Tours
What better way to view Chicago's brilliant design than from the water? And contrary to popular belief, these tours are available year round! River and lake architectural tours Chicago are abundant. Here are a couple that are among the top river and lake Chicago attractions:
- Seadog: With a name like "Seadog" it's silly to think that this tour isn't one of the most fun architectural tours Chicago. The tour takes off from Navy Pier (an entire day's worth of Chicago attractions itself) and goes up the Chicago River after passing through the famous Chicago Locks. Full of amusing anecdotes and information, you'll be a true Chicago history buff after this one.
- Wendella: Get your sea legs ready and hop on board the Wendella fleet for a 75-minute Chicago River Architecture Tour. You'll start at the docks near Trump Tower and cruise through the three separate branches of the Chicago River. This is one of the more informational architectural tours Chicago.
Driving through Chicago can be a pain. Especially when you're trying to crane your neck to look up at all the buildings. So let someone else steer you around for a bit and hop on these buses for truly unique architectural tours Chicago:
- Hop On Hop Off Tour: The Hop On Hop Off Tour is one of our favorite's for a few reasons. First, you can literally hop on or hop off whenever you want. See a museum or building that you really want to check out? Go for it! Then catch the next bus and pick up right where you left off. Also, the Explore Chicago Ticket lets you spread out your bus tour over three days!
- Skyscrapers & More Trolley Tour: Not technically a bus, but you get the idea. Skyscrapers & More Trolley Tour is a near two hour cruise through Chicago's most famous routes like Michigan Avenue. Hear stories from the architects, developers and city planners while relaxing on a nostalgic trolley-bus. Plus, this tour will take you to some pretty exclusive vantage points, so definitely have your cameras charged and ready!