AON Center (Amoco Building)
AON Center (Amoco Building) Events
AON Center (Amoco Building) Information
When to Go:
- The AON Center (Amoco Building) is 83 stories tall.
- AON Chicago is centrally located in The Loop near a great deal of shopping and dining.
- AON Center Chicago stands as one of the tallest buildings in the Windy City.
200 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
AON Center (Amoco Building) Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
AON Center (Amoco Building) Photos
AON Center (Amoco Building) Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
AON Center (Amoco Building)
Do you agree?
Big City Sights
This activity is FREE!
Features: The AON Center (previously known as the Amoco Building) was designed by Perkins & Will and Edward Stone. It was completed in 1974 to become the second tallest building in Chicago. It is 1,136 feet high with 83 stories and 2.3 million square feet of floor space. It offers spectacular views of Chicago and Lake Michigan from all floors. The tallest building in U.S.A. to ever change its name. Aon Center was known for a long time as the Amoco Building and before that as the Standard Oil Building (or affectionately as "Big Stan"). This is the tallest building in the world without any major antennae, spires, or finials at the top.
Why We Go: When visiting Chicago, you'll definitely want to check out the AON Center (Amoco Building), a modern skyscraper that has a nickname of "Big Stan" and built of marble and steel. It is located near a great deal of shopping and dining and offers those working within its walls spectacular city views. This building, is the 3rd tallest in Chicago and is the tallest building without extra antennae.
- Sights of Chicago: The AON Center Building Chicago is a modern skyscraper which showcases spectacular views of the city's skyline and rises 83 floors above the ground.
- Convenient Location: Located just off of Michigan Avenue, the AON Chicago is surrounded by great Chicago shopping and dining.
- Public Transit: AON Center Chicago is situated near the Randolph Street Metra Station, so you won't have to worry about parking!
Inside Knowledge: The AON Chicago has lights on the top floor that change colors with the seasons and holidays such as orange for Thanksgiving, red/green for Christmas, and pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring a Camera: You'll want to capture your visit to this Windy City landmark, the AON Chicago.
- Do Go Shopping: Michigan Avenue Shops are located nearby the AON Center (Amoco Building).
- Don't Bring the Car: The Randolph St. Metra Station is located in extremely close proximity to the AON Center (Amoco Building).
- Don't Worry About Tickets: Admiring this modern skyscraper, the AON Center Chicago, is a free activity!