Cernan Earth and Space Center
Cernan Earth and Space Center Events
Cernan Earth and Space Center Information
Mon - Thurs: 9am - 4pm, Fri: 9am - 1pm and 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Sat: 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Sun: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm.
When to Go:
- The Cernan Earth and Space Center is located on the campus of Triton College.
- The Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College was named after Chicago astronaut Eugene Cernan, the very last man to leave his footprints on the surface of the moon.
- Though smaller than the Adler Planetarium, the Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton has a variety of excellent space exhibits and light shows.
2000 5th Ave
River Grove, IL 60171
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Cernan Earth and Space Center Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Cernan Earth and Space Center Photos
Cernan Earth and Space Center Hotel
Cernan Earth and Space Center
Do you agree?
Explore the Mysteries of Space at the Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College.
Features: The Cernan Earth and Space Center is located on Chicago's Triton College campus. The facility is ideal for both kids and adults and combines entertainment with education. The Cernan Space Center at Triton boasts a large dome theater which can seat up to 100 people and features a spectacular light and laser show which changes throughout the year.
One of the most popular activities at the Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College is the monthly Skywatch programs. High-powered telescopes are set up on the lawn outside the Triton College Earth and Space Center, and people are able to witness firsthand the magic of the cosmos. The Cernan Earth and Space Center also occasionally hosts special events, lectures and workshops that complement programs presented in the dome theater.
Why We Go: The Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton is both fun and educational. There are several different space and laser shows, and 14 fascinating indoor and outdoor space exhibits that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults.
- Great Shows: The Triton College Earth and Space Center puts on a number of entertaining shows in the 44-foot diameter Dome Theater. The popular Laser Light Show features an epic display of lasers and other visual effects choreographed to music.
- Budget-Friendly: Starting at $8 per adult and $4 per child for general admission, the Cernan Earth and Space Center is a great budget-friendly Chicago attraction.
Inside Knowledge: The Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College hosts several public events each year, including a monthlyevening Skywatch, and special observation sessions when unusual space events such as eclipses occur. The monthly Skywatch is held on a Saturday night at the Cernan Earth and Space Center where the public can observe the wonders of the cosmos.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: The family-friendly Triton College Earth and Space Center is the perfect place for budding astronauts and astronomers. The interactive exhibits make learning fun, and the Laser Light Show is a great way to end the evening.
- Do Visit the Red Planet: The Cernan Earth and Space Center's Mars Landscape exhibit is a recreation of the rocky terrain of Mars. And while there are no martians, the landscape does have a scale model of the Sojourner probe.
- Don't Pay for Parking: Parking is free at the Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College which means you can stargaze for as long as you want.
- Don't Forget a Souvenir: With a great selection of space-themed t-shirts, posters, and toys, the Cernan Earth and Space Center's Star Store has everything for the space-enthusiast!