Evanston Art Center
Evanston Art Center Events
Evanston Art Center Information
Mon.- Thurs. 9am- 10pm, Fri. 9am- 5pm, Sat. 9am- 4pm & Sun. 1pm- 4pm
When to Go:
Gallery admission is free, but donations are gladly accepted
- The Evanston Arts Center near Chicago features revolving exhibitions in their spacious art gallery and outdoor courtyard.
- The Chicago Evanston Art Center offers dozens of great classes aimed at all sorts of ages, including ceramics, painting, jewelry-making and much more.
- The Evanston Art Center was established in 1929 by local community leaders, and is located in a converted mansion in the Chicago suburb of Evanston.
2603 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60201
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Evanston Art Center Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Evanston Art Center Photos
Evanston Art Center Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Evanston Art Center
Do you agree?
Evanston School and Gallery Has Inspired Artists Since 1929
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Evanston Art Center encourages and supports the creation of new work by both established and emerging artists through its art classes and outreach programs. Housed in a beautifully restored mansion next to the Grosse Point Lighthouse, the Evanston Art Center offers over 90 art classes for children and adults. Courses include: ceramics, drawing and painting, fiber, jewelry, metal sculpture, photography, printmaking and sculpture. Please check the Center's website for its current exhibits.
Why We Go: The Evanston Art Center features revolving Chicago art exhibitions, and their hands-on Chicago art school is a great way to introduce kids and adults alike to the arts.
- Interesting Exhibits: The Evanston Art Center features special Chicago art exhibits on a regular basis, and past exhibitions at this popular art museum near Chicago have included subjects like abstraction, outdoor sculptures on their spacious green space, and other interesting exhibitions you're not likely to find at any other art galleries in Chicago.
- Great for Kids: The Evanston Art Center School is a favorite with kids, and they offer informative art camps each Summer from June to August, as well as many other classes year-round.
- Saturday Events: Special events at the Center for Evanston Arts in Chicago take place each weekend, and include presentations and workshops on interesting Chicago art techniques.
Inside Knowledge: The Evanston Art Center was established in 1929 by community leaders hoping to inspire locals and introduce them to the importance of art. Today, the Center for Evanston Arts in Chicago remains one of the top art schools near Chicago, and is located in a converted mansion in this scenic Chicago suburb.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay in Evanston: This beautiful Chicago college town is located next to the prestigious Northwestern University, and Evanston hotels close to the Evanston Arts Center include the comfortable and clean Hilton Garden Inn Evanston on Maple Ave.
- Do Check Their Calendar: Visit the Chicago events calendar for updates on upcoming special events at the Evanston Arts Center.
- Don't Miss the Lakefront: Located just off the shores of Lake Michigan, this favorite Chicago attraction provides scenery both in and around the classic 20th century mansion that houses the Chicago Evanston Art Center.
- Don't Forget to Contribute: Any contributions you can offer the Evanston Arts Center non-profit organization are highly appreciated, and help to ensure the future of this family friendly Chicago attraction for the arts.