Hawthorne Race Course
Hawthorne Race Course Events
Hawthorne Race Course Information
Daily 11am- 11pm
When to Go:
Live Racing Events
Free parking available on-site
- The Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero IL hosts live thoroughbred racing during the Spring and Fall seasons.
- The Hawthorne Race Track is open year-round for off-track simulcast betting.
- There are on-site rooms and suites available for private parties at the Hawthorne Race Course IL.
3501 S. Laramie
Cicero, IL 60804
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Hawthorne Race Course Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Hawthorne Race Course Photos
Hawthorne Race Course Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Hawthorne Race Course
Do you agree?
Classic Chicago Horse Racing 20 Minutes From Downtown
Features: The Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero features exciting thoroughbred horse racing just 20 minutes from Downtown Chicago. This family friendly Chicago attraction is fun for Chicago sports fans, and allows tourists to enjoy a classic Americana experience at the race track. Live racing takes place at this popular Chicago race track in the Spring and Fall seasons, and the Hawthorne Race Track has simulcast off-track betting year-round.
Why We Go: Try to make some money betting on the ponies at the Hawthorne Race Track, or kick back with a cold beverage and enjoy the scenery at this classic Chicago attraction in Cicero.
- Cheap Fun: Admission is less than $5 each day at the Hawthorne Race Course, and you can make race bets for as little as $2. Also, Chicago promo deals at the Hawthorne Race Course include $1 beer and hot dog days, so Chicago travelers can enjoy a cheap day of fun at this favorite racetrack in Chicago.
- Exciting: If you've never felt the excitement of placing a bet, then watching your lucky horse cruise to victory, then we highly recommend crossing this thrill off of your bucket list at the Hawthorne Race Course Chicago.
- Family Friendly: The Hawthorne Race Track in Cicero IL gladly welcomes kids of all ages, and the little ones are to enjoy the spectacle of beautiful horses galloping on this famous Chicago track.
Inside Knowledge: The Hawthorne Race Course are a family owned operation that have been around since 1891, making it the oldest horse racing track in all of Chicago.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Plan a Private Party: There are a number of private rooms and suites at the Hawthorne Race Track perfect for your next Chicago meeting or private party. Their Secretariat Suite holds up to 35 people, and the VIP Terrace Room offers an all-inclusive Chicago party package at reasonable rates.
- Do Check the Summer Schedule: The Hawthorne Race Track occasionally holds harness races and other events throughout the Summer. Check the Chicago events calendar, or visit their Web site for more information on special promotions at this famous Chicago landmark.
- Don't Forget to Bundle Up: With evening races taking place as early as February and as late as December, you'll want to bundle up - or just avoid the general admission grandstand altogether. Luckily, the Hawthorne Race Course has plenty of indoor seating available year-round.
- Don't Skip the Beverages: Beer prices are especially cheap at this Chicago attraction in Cicero, so feel free to enjoy a cold one - responsibly, of course - while you wager on the ponies at the Hawthorne Race Course IL.