Latvian Folk Art Museum
Latvian Folk Art Museum Events
Latvian Folk Art Museum Information
When to Go:
Tickets for the Latvian Folk Art Museum are also available for $5 by appointment, so make sure you call ahead of time if you cannot.
- Founded in 1978, the mission of the Latvian Folk Art Museum Chicago is to collect, preserve, and exhibit Latvian folk art.
- The Latvian Folk Art Museum in Chicago wishes to present programs to further the understanding of Latvian culture.
- The Latvian Folk Art Museum Chicago displays many Latvian mittens, ceramics, and costumes from the turn of the 20th century.
4146 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Latvian Folk Art Museum Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Latvian Folk Art Museum Photos
Latvian Folk Art Museum Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Latvian Folk Art Museum
Do you agree?
The Latvian Folk Art Museum is Unique and Culturally Stimulating
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Latvian Folk Art Museum is dedicated to the hard work and contributions made to Chicago and the world at large by the Latvian people. The Folk Art Museum Chicago has a long standing exhibit of traditional Latvian clothing and toys. You will see antique wedding outfits, celebration and dancing costumes and many types of toys that were traditionally used by Latvian children around the turn of the 20th century. Handmade dolls that were loved by little girls to rolling toys and simple throwing toys are part of the collection.
Why We Go: The Latvian Folk Art Museum Chicago gives us a glimpse of what life would have been like growing up in a Latvian family around the turn of the 20th century. The museum has a beautiful collection of Latvian ceramics, and your kids will enjoy seeing the old Latvian toys.
- History: The Latvian community has a deep history in Chicago, and the Latvian Folk Art Museum Chicago is a great way to open your eyes to new cultures and past traditions.
- The Art: The rather large collection of Latvian folk art includes beautiful ceramics, and hand-made costumes and toys. The museum also has a nice collection of Latvian mittens with gorgeous designs.
- Family Friendly: The Latvian Folk Art Museum is a great place to take your kids, and open their eyes to new cultures.
Inside Knowledge: Parking is convenient on Elston Ave.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Check: Be sure to check the Latvian Folk Art Museum's facebook page for updates on programs and hours.
- Do Call Ahead: The museum has very limited walk-in hours, so feel free to call them and set up an appointment to visit.
- Don't Forget Your Family: The Latvian Folk Art Museum is a great place to bring your family, and enjoy some of Chicago's cultural heritage.
- Don't Touch: Try to avoid touching the pieces since they are in fact antiques, and one of the museum's most important goals is to preserve the art.