Maywood Park Race Track
Maywood Park Race Track Events
Maywood Park Race Track Information
Thurs- Fri. 7:10pm
When to Go:
Spring- Fall; Warm Evenings
You must be 18 to place a bet on Maywood Park Horse Racing events.
- The Maywood Park Race Track is a popular family friendly Chicago attraction dedicated to harness racing.
- Post time at the Maywood Park Horse Racing Track begins at 7:15pm, with the last race beginning at a quarter to Midnight.
- Maywood Park IL patrons can place bets on live races, as well as simulcast horse races elsewhere.
8600 W. North Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Maywood Park Race Track Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Maywood Park Race Track Photos
Maywood Park Race Track Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Maywood Park Race Track
Do you agree?
Horse Racing Harness Track Offers Cheap Fun 17 Miles from Chicago
- Adult Price$2.00
Features: Maywood Park, located in Melrose Park just 10 miles south of O'Hare and 17 miles from downtown Chicago, features harness racing, as well as simulcast betting. Maywood Park was originally the home of Cook County Fairgrounds and was issued Illinois' first harness racing license in 1946. Maywood Park is the only Chicagoland racetrack devoted exclusively to standardbred racing. Since 1946, Maywood Park has conducted a harness racing meeting for 58 consecutive seasons, the longest in the state's standardbred history. Recognized as one of the fastest-and safest-half-mile racing surfaces in North America, Maywood Park has been the scene of numerous world records.
In addition to the general admission seating, for a small extra fee you can watch the races from the Winner's Circle Dining Room (advance reservations necessary), the Saddle & Sulky Room featuring over twenty 70" TVs and full service bar, Super Booths described as your own private "living room", or a reserved box seat. Maywood Park's food service options include concession stands, casual dining and fine dining.
Check Maywood Park's website for scheduled live race days.
Why We Go: The Maywood Park Horse Racing Track offers exciting harness races that you can bet on, cheap beer specials, and affordable family fun just a short drive from Downtown Chicago.
- Harness Racing: Harness racing at the Maywood Park Race Horse Racing Track is a form of horse racing in which jockeys are attached to the back of the horse in a carriage, and since 1946 Maywood Park IL has been the only track of its kind in Chicago.
- Great for Parties: There are a few private rooms and tables that can be reserved for parties small and large at reasonable rates, making the Maywood Park Horse Racing Track one of the best Chicago attractions to visit if you're traveling with friends or your extended family.
- Cheap Fun: Maywood Park Racing Track has just $2 admission fees, nightly beer specials starting at just $2, and you can make a bet for as little as $2, making this popular Chicago attraction one of the best hidden gems for Chicago budget travelers.
Inside Knowledge: If you're a broke college kid, the Maywood Park Racing Track near Chicago has just what you need for an enjoyable Thursday night out. Bring your student I.D. and enjoy free admission to this great landmark for Chicago sports fans, and if you're over 21 you'll receive a $2 beer coupon - good for one draught beer at the Saddle & Sulky Room Bar on site.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Place a Bet: Test your luck and feel the excitement of placing any kind of bet - small or big - when you visit the Maywood Park Race Track in Melrose Park, IL.
- Do Enjoy a Cheap Drink: Beer and cocktail prices at the Maywood Park Race Track are extremely reasonable, so you can enjoy a cold beer and place a bet on your favorite horse for less than $5!
- Don't Go Hungry: There are plenty of food options on-site at the Maywood Park Race Track, including casual concession stands and Chicago fine dining in the Winner's Circle Dining Room.
- Don't Worry About Bringing the Kids: While you may think twice about bringing your kids to this favorite Chicago attraction, there is a fun, kid-friendly Chicago atmosphere at the Maywood Park Race Track.