Metropolis Performing Arts Center
Metropolis Performing Arts Center Events
Metropolis Performing Arts Center Information
Box Office Hours: Tues.- Sat. 10pm- 5pm; Matinees - 10:30am, Weekend Shows - 7:30/8pm
When to Go:
Varies based on show
Free Chicago parking available on-site
- The Metropolis Performing Arts Center is a small Chicago theatre in Arlington Heights, IL.
- Metropolis Arlington Heights specializes in comedy shows and Chicago live music - including many great tribute bands from the area - and they are considered the Second City Improv Troupe's "suburban home".
- Metropolis Arlington Heights IL is a non-profit that also hosts acting and Improv classes for aspiring performers young and old, and they regularly offer kid-friendly Chicago shows for the little ones.
111 West Campbell St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Metropolis Performing Arts Center Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Metropolis Performing Arts Center Photos
Metropolis Performing Arts Center Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Metropolis Performing Arts Center
Do you agree?
Small Chicago Theater Features Great Live Music and Comedy Improv
Features: The Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is located in Arlington Heights, a northwest suburb of Chicago. The facility seats up to 350, with outstanding sight lines from every seat. While the finest in sound and lighting have been provided to enhance your experience, the atmosphere creates the sense of intimacy between audience and performer that is the hallmark of any exceptional theater experience.
In addition to the theater, the Metropolis development is home to The Boiler Room, an 88-seat basement jazz supper club, and the Metropolis Ballroom for private events. The theater features box office favorites, comedy and musical performances, as well as Second City performances.
The Metropolis Youth Symphony is its resident symphony orchestra featuring the musical talents of some of the best young musicians in Chicago's northwest suburbs. Be sure to check the Metropolis website for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: The Metropolis Performing Arts Center offers both adult fun and family friendly entertainment, and their wide array of Chicago theater shows in Arlington Heights are sure to offer something for everyone.
- Second City: The renowned Improv Troupe from Chicago - the Second City - regularly takes up residency at this small suburban theater near Chicago. Also, live comedy acts and ensemble performances at the Metropolis Arlington Heights IL provide for some of the funniest theater shows in Chicago.
- Tribute Bands: While not quite the real deal, tribute bands at the Metropolis Performing Arts Center provide for a fun and affordable evening with your favorite live music. However, this Chicago music venue also hosts Grammy winners and famous performers on a regular basis.
- Kid Friendly Theater: The Metropolis Performing Arts Center Arlington Heights has kid friendly matinee Chicago shows great for school groups, summer camps, and kids interested in pursuing the arts.
Inside Knowledge: Unlike its Chicago counterparts, there is plenty of parking near the Metropolis Performing Arts Center in their on-site parking garage, and many side streets offer Chicago parking nearby as well.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay Nearby: Chicago hotels close to the Metropolis Performing Arts Center include the affordable Wingate by Wyndham - Arlington Heights, as well as the spacious Doubletree Arlington Heights Hotel nearby.
- Do Reserve a Stage Table: Stage tables are located in the first few rows of the Metropolis Arlington Heights Theater, and are available for around $5 more than the average ticket at this top Chicago theater.
- Don't Forget Your Beverage: If you're enjoying a pre-show or intermission drink at the Metropolis Arts Center Arlington Heights, just ask your bartender to place it in a plastic cup and you're welcome to bring it in to the theater with you.
- Don't Worry About Your Seat Location: Metropolis Arlington Heights is a small, intimate theater near Chicago with outstanding sight lines and hardly a bad seat in the house. So no matter where your tickets are located, take comfort knowing that you'll be able to see the stage without putting a creak in your neck.