National Museum of Mexican Art
National Museum of Mexican Art Events
National Museum of Mexican Art Information
When to Go:
Busy at the Weekends, Quieter During the Week
Fun and Engaging Events are Held Throughout the Year
- See over 6000 artifacts and artworks at the National Museum of Mexican Art
- Learn about the history and culture of Mexico
- Enjoy new exhibitions and permanent collections at the Museum of Mexican Art
1852 W 19th St
East Chicago, IL 60608
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
National Museum of Mexican Art Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
National Museum of Mexican Art Photos
National Museum of Mexican Art Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
National Museum of Mexican Art
Do you agree?
The National Museum of Mexican Art is Fun and Cultural and Always Free
This activity is FREE!
Features: On December 5th, 2006, the Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum changed its name to the National Museum of Mexican Art in recognition of its 20th Anniversary and its status as the largest and leading Mexican cultural institution in the U.S. The Museum remains a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization.
The NMMA is the largest Latino Arts organization in the U.S. and the only Latino museum accredited by American Association of Museums. The NMMA presents Visual Arts Exhibitions, Performance Festivals, and Education Programs to more than 200,000 annually including 60,000 K-12 students. 90.5 FM Radio Arte is the Museum's youth-driven bilingual public radio station committed to advancing the voices of a multi-layered society through socially conscious journalism, media literacy, training and programming.The Museum's hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Admission is free. For information call 312-738-1503 or go to the NMMA's web site www.nationalmuseumofmexicanart.org
Why We Go: The National Museum of Mexican Art is a great and engaging way to learn about Mexican art and culture. Featuring several exhibitions and a large permanent collection, the Museum of Mexican Art is a top cultural Chicago attraction.
- Amazing Value: The National Museum of Mexican Art is always free!
- Lots to See and Do: Not only does this top Chicago attraction house art but also regularly hosts performing arts events and movie screenings.
- Convenient Location: The National Museum of Mexican Art is an easy bus journey or cab ride from many other Chicago attractions and hotels.
Inside Knowledge: Free guided tours and discussions are regularly held at the National Museum of Mexican Art. So be sure to check their Web site for the days and times.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Plan Your Visit: The National Museum of Mexican Art regularly hosts events so you may want to check online for what's on before you go.
- Do Visit the Gift Shop: The museum features an on-site gift shop full of books, postcards and other great gifts.
- Don't Expect Lunch: The National Museum of Mexican Art doesn't have a restaurant or cafe but there are many places to eat located nearby.
- Don't Forget the Kids: Kids will love the vivid and colorful art and activities for children are regularly held at this Chicago museum.