Orchestra Hall Events
Orchestra Hall Information
When to Go:
Children 8 and older
Adams/Wabash Metra Station
- Orchesta Hall features ornate decoration and beautiful architecture.
- Enjoy a variety of shows at the Chicago Orchestra Hall, many of which you can snag rush tickets for!
- Orchestra Hall Chicago strives for excellence in music education and exposure and offers a beyond the music program.
220 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60604
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Orchestra Hall Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Orchestra Hall Photos
Orchestra Hall Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Epic Music, Intimate Sound: Orchestra Hall Chicago
Features: Orchestra Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is home of the world-famous Chicago Symphony Orchestra and part of the larger Symphony Center, which also contains a restaurant and a rehearsal space. In addition to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra Hall features jazz, pop, chamber, and world music concerts. The Hall was initially conceived in the very early 1900's. After years of performances, the Hall underwent a major renovation, which was completed in 1997. You can call ahead to schedule a tour of the facility.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra consists of 110 talented musicians, three internationally-renowned conductors and an award-winning composer-in-residence.
Check the Chicago Symphony Orchestra website for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: Whether you're looking for a full season of shows or just want to pop into the Orchestra Hall on a whim with rush tickets, you're sure to find an incredible performance. Sit back and enjoy as the music takes you on a ride through adversities and triumphs. Experience the joy, magic, and power of music at the Chicago Orchestra Hall.
- Variety of Shows: Whether you're into Jazz or the Classical Symphony, Orchestra Hall Chicago is sure to have a show for you.
- Acoustics: Orchestra Hall in Chicago has phenomenal chamber acoustics. The Chicago Orchestra Hall was built in such a way that sound waves resolve in harmony rather than dissonance truly resulting in music to your ears.
- Cheap Tickets: Orchestra Hall tickets are offered in a variety of packages including rush tickets, student subscriptions, and season passes. Listen and enjoy!
Inside Knowledge: Orchestra Hall Chicago showcases pop, chamber, classical, jazz, and more throughout their musical season. There's even a coat check before you enter the theatre.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Arrive Early: Performances at the Orchestra Hall Chicago begin promptly on time.
- Do Take Public Transit: Orchestra Hall is located in close proximity to a variety of easily accessible public transit.
- Don't Forget a Shawl or Jacket: The Orchestra Hall is often a cool, so bring something to keep you warm.
- Don't Forget to Look Around: Orchestra Hall Chicago is rather ornate in architecture and design, so check out this beautifully designed building that houses such beautiful music.