Polish Museum of America
Polish Museum of America Events
Polish Museum of America Information
Friday–Wednesday: 11:00a.m.–4:00p.m., Closed Thursdays
When to Go:
Fun All Year Round
- The Chicago Polish Museum offers several collections and exhibitions
- Guided tours are available on request
- Features an impressive library with over 60,000 titles
984 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Polish Museum of America Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Polish Museum of America Photos
Polish Museum of America Hotel
Polish Museum of America
Do you agree?
The Polish Museum of America Offers Insight into Polish History and the Polish Immigrant Experience in America
- Adult Price$7.00
- Senior Price$6.00
- Student Price$6.00
Features: The Chicago Polish Museum, founded in 1935, is one of the oldest and largest ethnic museums in the United States of America. Located in the heart of the first Polish neighborhood in Chicago, it promotes the knowledge of Polish history and culture, especially promulgates Polish and Polish American art in its paintings, sculptures, drawings and lithographs by well-known artists. It offers numerous exhibits in addition to cultural programs such as lectures, concerts, movie and slide presentations, theatre performances, meetings with scholars, artists, and people dedicated to Polish culture from all over the world.
With its 60,000 volumes, 250 periodicals, collections of Polish music records and cassettes, the Museum Library ranks as one of the best, outside of Poland. The archives preserve documents pertaining to Polish and Polish American history. Many scholars from varied parts of the country come here to complete their research and many students receive their first introduction to knowledge of Polish history and culture through the Polish Museum archives. The Polish Museum of America Chicago has an interesting gift shop that offers many imported items from Poland, including Polish dolls, amber jewelry, designs from wood shavings and hand-carved wooden items.
Why We Go: The Polish Museum Chicago offers a fascinating insight into the history and culture of Polish Americans.
- Educational: Learn about Poland's rich past and the history of the Polish immigrant in Chicago.
- Inspirational: Discover how many Polish people escaped Poland in search of a new life in America through first hand accounts and oral histories.
- Convenient Location: The Polish Museum Chicago is situated near many ethnic - including Polish - restaurants and cafes - allowing you to make the most of your cultural experience.
Inside Knowledge: The Polish Museum Chicago regularly holds cultural and family friendly events, so you may want to check their online calendar to see what's on before you visit.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take a Tour: Guided tours are available if requested in advance, and these can really help you soak all the information in and have your questions answered.
- Do Explore the Library: The library at the Polish Museum Chicago boasts over 60,000 titles and should not be missed.
- Don't Forget the Kids: Kids will enjoy this museum, especially as it regularly provides kid friendly activities and events.
- Don't Ignore the Area: The Polish Museum Chicago is located near many restaurants and stores, so make sure you explore the area a little on your visit.