Prairie Center for the Arts
Prairie Center for the Arts Events
Prairie Center for the Arts Information
Box Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
When to Go:
Evening performances and shows.
- Open since 1986, the Prairie Center for the Arts is owned and operated by the Chicago village of Schaumburg.
- Each of the 442 theater seats at the Prairie Center Schaumburg has unobstructed views of the stage.
- With the furthest seat just 14 rows from the stage, this intimate venue is the perfect place to see a play or show.
201 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Prairie Center for the Arts Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Prairie Center for the Arts Photos
Prairie Center for the Arts Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Prairie Center for the Arts
Do you agree?
Enjoy Free Summer Concerts at the Prairie Center for the Arts.
Features: The Prairie Center for the Arts is located northwest of Chicago, in the suburb of Schaumburg. The Center, which first opened in 1986, features performances in music, dance, theatre, film, and storytelling. Local talent includes the Schaumburg Dance Ensemble and the Schaumburg Youth Orchestra.
With just 442 seats, the theatre at the Prairie Center for the Arts Schaumburg is intimate, comfortable, and offers every patron an exceptional view - no seat is farther than 15 rows from the front of the stage.
Located within the Greater Woodfield area, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping opportunities in the area. Check the Prairie Center Schaumburg's website for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: The Prairie Center for the Arts Chicago hosts a series of wonderful cultural events year-round. From the annual Prairie Arts Festival during Memorial Day weekend, to a variety of musical performances, there's something for everyone at this great Chicago art center.
- Youth Programs: Kids won't have time to be bored this summer with the wide selection of youth programs that the Prairie Center Schaumburg offers. The theater program, dance ensemble, and youth orchestra are just some of the great kid-friendly activities that are provided.
- Holiday Favorites: Holidays at the Prairie Center for the Arts are always memorable. The classic ballet, the Nutcracker is always a huge hit, as is the Presto! Holiday Concert performed by the Schaumburg Youth Symphony.
Inside Knowledge: During the summer, the Prairie Center Schaumburg hosts a series of free outdoor concerts. The Summer Breeze concert series starts in early July, and runs through to the end of August. A great selection of musical acts perform, including cover bands, soloists, and music from around the world. Guests are invited to bring a picnic and enjoy an evening of fabulous entertainment.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Admire the Art: The Herb Aigner Gallery at the Prairie Center for the Arts Chicago features works of art from all over the world. The exhibit changes every month, so make sure to stop by to see the latest installment.
- Do Go With a Group: Groups of 20 people or more qualify for a 10% group discount on selected shows.
- Don't Pay for Parking: Visitors to the Prairie Center for the Arts Schaumburg can park for free at the nearby Atcher Municiple Center.
- Don't Be Late: Shows start promptly, so it is recommended that guests get to the Prairie Center for the Arts 20 - 30 minutes before showtime to find parking. Late seating will be determined by the center's management and can vary from show to show.