Ravinia Festival Events
Ravinia Festival Information
Shows start between 6:30pm- 8:30pm
When to Go:
Public transportation and park 'n rides available
- The Ravinia Festival Chicago is a Summer music series at this popular outdoor music venue in Chicago.
- Music acts at the Ravinia Music Festival include famous pop bands, classic rock musicians, '80's favorites and much more.
- Chicago live music showtimes on the Ravinia schedule begin between 6:30pm- 8:30pm.
- There are between 120- 150 Chicago music acts each Summer at the Ravinia Festival Chicago.
200 Ravinia Park Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Ravinia Festival Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Ravinia Festival Photos
Ravinia Festival Hotel
Do you agree?
Summer Music Series at Ravinia From June- September
Features: Ravinia is an outdoor entertainment venue located in Highland Park, just north of Chicago, featuring a variety of acts such as classical, pop, contemporary, blues and jazz. The pavilion holds 3,200 reserved seats, but the main attraction is picnicking on the lawn. General admission tickets are available for lawn seating, where the guests bring lavish picnics, often with tables, tablecloths, candles, and crystal. Some choose to purchase their meals at one of several on-site restaurants or pre-order a gourmet boxed meal and wine. Note that the music is broadcast to the lawn, but you cannot see the stage unless you're in reserved seats in the pavilion.
Why We Go: The Ravinia Festival Chicago is a Summer concert series that draws top musical acts from the mainstream world of pop, and there are several smaller shows for niche music fans of Chicago blues and classical music.
- Great Music: Musical acts that were booked for the Ravinia schedule in 2011 included a wide range of performers for all tastes, from the powerful voice of Jennifer Hudson, to the pop-funk of Maroon 5 and Indie favorite Rufus Wainwright.
- Cool Venue: There are three different music venues at the Ravinia Music Festival, plenty of Chicago dining options, and the numerous trees make Chicago music fans feel as though they're seeing a secret concert in a faraway forest or park.
- Summer Fun: The arrival of the Ravinia Music Festival signals the beginning of Summer to many Chicago locals. This outdoor Chicago amphitheatre is the place to be on a warm Summer evening in Chicago, and Ravinia tickets for lawn seats allow music fans to enjoy a picnic in the park while listening to some of their favorite musical acts.
Inside Knowledge: If you're hoping to avoid pre- and post-show traffic at the Ravinia Festival Chicago, take advantage of their numerous nearby Park 'N Rides with free shuttle service to the venue, or take the Metra Rail to the Tyler Gate at Ravinia for around $7.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay Near the Festival: Chicago hotels close to the Ravinia Festival Chicago include the chic Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel, and the Red Roof Inn Chicago Northbrook/Deerfield offers cheap Chicago hotel rates less than three miles from this favorite music festival in Chicago.
- Do Pack a Picnic: Feel free to bring sandwiches, snacks, or whatever other delicious Summer eats you'd like for a picnic in the park at the Ravinia Festival Chicago.
- Don't Wait to Buy Tickets: Ravinia tickets - particularly reserved seats in the amphitheatre - go fast for the top musical acts at this popular Chicago Music Festival.
- Don't Miss the The Gatehouse: Grab a cold beer or quick snack at The Gatehouse take-out windows located near the main entrance gates at the Ravinia Music Festival.