Silk Road Theatre Project
Silk Road Theatre Project Events
Silk Road Theatre Project Information
Showtimes Vary Per Production
When to Go:
Great Shows All Year Round
Washington-Blue (Blue Line), Lake (Red Line), Clark/lake (subway), (Blue Line)
- See groundbreaking plays in the heart of Chicago
- Enjoy an intimate Chicago theater venue
- Visit Silk Road Theater Project for a taste of the Chicago theater scene
77 W Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Silk Road Theatre Project Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Silk Road Theatre Project Photos
Silk Road Theatre Project Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Silk Road Theatre Project
Do you agree?
The Silk Road Theatre Hosts Innovative and Multicultural Productions
Features: Chicago is known the world over as home to theatre that’s innovative, exciting, and ground-breaking. Yet for the nearly 1.5 million Chicagoland residents with Asian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean backgrounds, the city’s stages seldom reflect the stories and experiences that shape their lives, let alone feature actors with familiar faces. This need is now being met by the Silk Road Theatre Chicago. Distinguished as the only theatre of its kind in the United States, this fast emerging company is expanding the discourse on diversity and representation in the American theatre.
Silk Road Theatre Project showcases playwrights of Asian, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean backgrounds, whose works address themes relevant to the peoples of the Silk Road and their Diaspora communities. Through the creation and presentation of outstanding theatre, they aim to promote discourse and dialogue among multi-cultural audiences in Chicago.
Silk Road Theatre Chicago – an authentic Chicago theatre experience only a few feet from your seat. Intimate, edgy, entertaining plays in the heart of the Loop. “One of Chicago’s hidden treasures.” –Chicago Sun Times.
Why We Go: The Silk Road Theater Chicago is a unique venue to see cutting edge, multicultural theatre.
- Original: Where else can you find a theatre that only showcases work by Asian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean playwrights?
- Intimate Setting: The Silk Road Theatre Chicago is small and very intimate, which allows you to feel extra involved and apart of the plays.
- Great Location: Located in the bustling Chicago Loop, a multitude of restaurants and nightlife options are but a few steps away.
Inside Knowledge: As the Silk Road Theatre Chicago has such a small venue, tickets sell out fast, so make sure you book yours well in advance.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Go in With an Open Mind: The Chicago Silk Road Theater Project often hosts plays that deal with race and other controversial issues, so make sure you go in with an open mind.
- Do Explore the Area: Near many exclusive restaurants and bars, take advantage of the Silk Road Theatre Project premier location.
- Don't Bring the Kids: The Silk Road Theater Chicago tends to showcase plays with fairly adult content, so you will probably want to leave the kids at home.
- Don't Take Pictures: The Silk Road Theatre would prefer if you wouldn't take photographs during performances.