Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Great America Events
Six Flags Great America Information
Open Daily May- Oct.; Hours for individual days vary
When to Go:
Weekdays, June & July
Parking is an additional $20 per day.
- Six Flags Great America is the biggest and most popular amusement park near Chicago.
- Six Flags America is located an hour north of Chicago in the suburb of Gurnee, and is open seasonally from May- October.
- Famous thrill rides at the Six Flags Great America Chicago Amusement Park include BATMAN the Ride, the American Eagle Wooden Coaster and Superman the Ride.
2 Great America Parkway
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Six Flags Great America Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Six Flags Great America Photos
Six Flags Great America Hotel
Six Flags Great America
Do you agree?
Popular Chicago Amusement Park Great for Families
Features: Six Flags Great America is a world-class family entertainment complex featuring thrill rides, spectacular shows and exciting attractions. The park is located north of Chicago in the suburb of Gurnee and is open May through October. The rides at Six Flags Great America include lots of thrill rides for the adventurous, as well as family rides. Entertainment includes shows, concerts and festivals.
In addition to the rides and shows, Great America has plenty of shopping and dining options. Shopping includes souvenirs, clothing and candy. Dining includes pizza, pasta, burgers, chicken, fajitas, special kids' meals, funnel cakes and more.
Why We Go: Six Flags Great America is perfect for families on vacation in Chicago, and features dozens of rides for all ages that kids and adults alike will love.
- The Thrill Rides: Six Flags Great America Chicago is famous for its thrill rides sponsored by popular superheroes and cartoon characters. Roller coasters at Six Flags America include BATMAN the Ride, which travels 50 mph and stands over 12 stories high, as well as the classic American Eagle Wooden Coaster.
- Hurricane Harbor: This Chicago water park at the Six Flags Illinois opens Memorial Day weekend, and features over a dozen thrill rides sure to leave you soaked and smiling.
- Live Entertainment: Six Flags America hosts a Summer Chicago concert series, frequent events and live entertainment daily. Family friendly entertainment at this top Chicago amusement park is highlighted by the Looney Tunes Dance Off, and the KIDZOPOLIS Kidz Challenge is an exciting live game show for kids.
Inside Knowledge: If you plan on visiting this top Chicago attraction in Gurnee more than once, buy a season pass to the Six Flags America in Illinois. For $79.99, season passes give Chicago vacation travelers unlimited access to all Six Flags Theme Parks, and the pass pays for itself in less than two trips.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Swimsuit: Especially on humid Summer days, you'll want to visit Hurricane Harbor for a refreshing dip in their thrilling water rides. However, take note that swimsuits can be worn in the water park area only at Six Flags Great America Chicago.
- Do Skip the Lines: For an extra $35, Chicago travelers at Six Flags Great America can buy their convenient Flash Pass, giving you the ability to skip the line at your favorite roller coasters and rides.
- Don't Bring in Outside Food: Outside food and beverages are not permitted in Six Flags Great America, but exceptions are made for baby food and those with special dietary needs.
- Don't Miss the Coasters: While not for everyone, thrilling Chicago roller coasters are the main draw of Six Flags America, and include famous rides like Vertical Velocity, which stands more than 18 stories high and travels at a top speed of 70mph.