Apollo Theater Chicago
Apollo Theater Chicago Events
Apollo Theater Chicago Information
Box Office Hours: Mon.- Thurs. 10am- 6pm, Wed.- Fri. 10am- 8pm, Sat. 10am- 8pm & Sun. 11am- 6pm
When to Go:
Age appropriate shows vary
Fullerton (Brown Line, Purple Line, Red Line)
No off-street parking available.
- The Apollo Theater Chicago is located in Lincoln Park.
- Built in 1978, the Apollo Theater in Chicago has produced some of the most popular Broadway musicals in Chicago.
- Each Friday night, the Chicago Theater Apollo is taken over by the musical Improv troupe, Baby Wants Candy.
2540 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Apollo Theater Chicago Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Apollo Theater Chicago Photos
Apollo Theater Chicago Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Apollo Theater Chicago
Do you agree?
Intimate Chicago Theater Producing World-Class Shows
Features: The Apollo Theater is a lush venue with a prestigious reputation, located in the heart of Chicago's fashionable Lincoln Park neighborhood. Built in 1978 by theatre producers Jason Brett and Stuart Oken and twice renovated, the Apollo boasts a dramatic glass and concrete design conceived by Chicagoan Michael Lustig. Its three-quarter thrust stage has 440 plush seats configured in just twelve rows, allowing audiences a theatrical experience unparalleled in intimacy and accessibility.
The Apollo Theater has a rich theatrical history. The Apollo has been taken over several times, and is now operated by Rob Kolson Creative Productions. Since then, the theater's track record for acclaimed hits has remained unblemished. The Apollo hosted two phenomenally popular musicals, "Always-Patsy Cline" and "Buddy-The Buddy Holly Story", followed by "The Male Intellect: an oxymoron?". In the summer of 1999, the Apollo presented limited runs of the hilarious comedy "If You Ever Leave Me, I'm Going With You" and "Hinton Battle: Largely Live".
Why We Go: The Apollo Theater Chicago brings world-class Broadway productions to Chicago, and popular surrounding Chicago attractions in Lincoln Park make it a favorite special occasion destination in Chicago.
- Small Venue: The Apollo Theater in Chicago holds just over 400 people and its small, intimate atmosphere inspire highly-personal performances, and there isn't a bad seat in the house at the Chicago Apollo Theater.
- Top Production Value: Chicago theater productions at the Apollo Theater Chicago are Broadway-caliber, and have included popular Broadway shows like the long-running "Million Dollar Quartet".
- Baby Wants Candy: This musical Improv group performs every Friday night at the Apollo Theater in Chicago, and uses a single random topic to make up a 60-minute musical on the fly. Tickets to this popular Chicago theater show cost just $15, and are only $5 for students.
Inside Knowledge: Top Chicago restaurants close to the Apollo Theater Chicago include the Kyoto Restaurant if you're in the mood for sushi, or the Mirlo Restaurante Chicago for a fine-dining Italian restaurant in Lincoln Park.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: Chicago theater productions at the Chicago Apollo Theater are often family friendly, so feel free to bring the little ones along when you visit the Apollo Theater in Chicago.
- Do Take Advantage of Group Rates: Chicago group tickets are available at a discounted rate when you buy 15 or more tickets at the Apollo Theater in Chicago.
- Don't Forget to Turn Off Your Phone: As proper theater etiquette entails, make sure to turn off your phone at the Apollo Theater in Chicago.
- Don't Wait to Buy Tickets: Tickets to the Chicago Theater Apollo can be a hot commodity depending on the show. If you're interested in seeing a world-class production at the Apollo Theater Chicago, we recommend buying your theater tickets in advance.