The Chicago Athenaeum
The Chicago Athenaeum Events
The Chicago Athenaeum Information
When to Go:
Open All Year
- The Chicago Athenaeum offers a sculpture park located in Schuamburg, IL.
- Enjoy the innovation of collections represented at the Chicago Athenaeum Museum.
- The Athenaeum Chicago is actually a museum of architecture and design featuring designs by a great deal of prominent architects.
601 South Prospect Street
Galena, IL 61036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
The Chicago Athenaeum Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
The Chicago Athenaeum Photos
The Chicago Athenaeum Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
The Chicago Athenaeum
Do you agree?
Collection of Architectural Feats:
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Chicago Athenaeum is Chicago's International Museum of Architecture and Design. The museum itself was founded in 1988, and is dedicated to the Art of Design in all areas of the discipline: architecture, industrial, and product design, graphics, and urban planning. The Museum's mission is the advancement of public education about the value of Good Design - from the "spoon to the city" - and how design can positively impact the human environment.
As the nation's only independent Museum of Architecture and Design, The Chicago Athenaeum continues to demonstrate leadership and innovation, bringing the subject of design and its impact on the quality of life before a national and international audience.
Since its founding, The Chicago Athenaeum has compiled a remarkable permanent collection of architecture and architectural artifacts as well as objects of important American, European, and local Chicago industrial design. The collection includes works in a variety of mediums including architecture, industrial design, graphic design, photographic archives, and film/video archives.
Why We Go: People head to this incredible museum, The Chicago Athenaeum to follow some of the great trends in architectural skill and design. This museum showcases some of most original concepts and ideas from a variety of designers. The Chicago Athenaeum is a building full of exhibits of innovation.
- Sculpture Park: The Chicago Athenaeum Museum also has an outdoor branch with a sculpture garden for you to walk through and admire from sunrise to sunset each day.
- Museum of Architecture: The Athenaeum Chicago is an International Museum of Architecture and Design displaying some of the the most prominent artifacts from great architects of the the century.
- Innovation and Creativity: The Chicago Athenaeum Museum works in conjunction with its European counter parts in celebrating great design.
Inside Knowledge: The Athenaeum Chicago Good Design Award is given annually and is judged primarily on its ability to enrich society.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Camera: You'll want to document your experience at the Chicago Athenaeum Museum.
- Do Check Out the Sculpture Park: The Chicago Athenaeum has a beautiful sculpture park which patrons can tour.
- Don't Forget Your Coat: The Chicago Athenaeum Museum often has air conditioning on, and can get rather cold.
- Don't Mind the Drive: The Chicago Athenaeum is not located in close proximity to public transit, so you'll have to drive over, but it's definitely worth it.