Bank of America Theatre
Bank of America Theatre Events
Bank of America Theatre Information
Mon. 10pm-6pm Tue. 10am-7pm,Wed.-Thu. 10am-7:30pm, Fri.-Sat. 10am- 8pm , Sun. 11am-4pm
When to Go:
Varies by show
- The Bank of America Theatre is one of Chicago's most intimate theatrical venues.
- Enjoy the ornate and lavish decoration of the Bank of America Theatre Chicago.
- The Bank of America Theatre in Chicago offers a variety of shows including major Broadway debuts.
18 W Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60603
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Bank of America Theatre Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Bank of America Theatre Photos
Bank of America Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Bank of America Theatre
Do you agree?
Debut Theatre at the Chicago Bank of America Theatre
Features: Now named the Bank of America Theatre, until 2006, the LaSalle Bank Theatre was known as The Shubert Theatre, which was opened on New Year's Day in 1906, then known as the Majestic Theatre. The Majestic Building, the tallest building in Chicago when it was first built, became a Chicago landmark, and the theatre instantly became a popular destination with 12 - 15 vaudeville acts running continuously from 1:30pm to 10:30 pm, six days a week. The Majestic closed during the Great Depression, but about 15 years later was reopened as the Sam Shubert Theatre.
The Shubert stage became home to an astounding array of classic plays and musicals, with earlier classics such as "Annie Get Your Gun," "Carousel," "Kiss Me Kate," "South Pacific," and "Guys and Dolls" and more recent favorites such as "Rent," "Chicago-The Musical," "Cabaret" and the pre-Broadway engagements of "The Goodbye Girl" and "Victor/Victoria."
Check the Broadway in Chicago website below for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: Arts patrons head to the theatre for multiple reasons including attending a variety of debut ground breaking musicals and well as to experience someone else's story. The Bank of America Theatre Chicago offers all of this and more to its guests including
- Premieres: Have you ever wanted to see a show in its pre-release stages? If so, snag some great tickets and head over to the Bank of America Theatre for a unforgettable theatrical night.
- Variety of Shows: Each season the Bank of America Theatre showcases a spectacular mix of musicals, plays, and concerts for its patrons to enjoy.
- Friendly and Attentive Staff/Ushers: The staff at the Bank of America Theatre Chicago offers guests the top in service, accessibility, and attention. They're always available to help and answer any patron inquiries.
Inside Knowledge: The Bank of America Theatre in Chicago originally opened in 1906 as The Majestic.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Admire the Interior Design: The Bank of America Theatre is beautiful and ornately adorned theatre with a gold and red color palate. Very regal and richly designed.
- Do Bring Your Coat: The Bank of America Theatre can often get a little chilly, so come prepared.
- Don't Forget to Watch Your Step: While the Bank of America Theatre in Chicago does contain elevators, once you've reached your floor, you'll be faced with a set of steep steps to get to your seat.
- Don't Take the Car: The Bank of America Theatre Chicago is located extremely close to a variety of public transit.