Ukrainian National Museum
Ukrainian National Museum Events
Ukrainian National Museum Information
When to Go:
Quieter During the Week
Festive events are held at Easter and Christmas
Although the Ukrainian National Museum doesn't charge admission, it does welcome donations.
- The Chicago Ukrainian Museum is always FREE!
- Features exhibitions about the history and culture of Ukraine and Ukrainian immigrants
- Includes an impressive library with other 20,000 titles
2249 W Superior St
Chicago, IL 60612
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Ukrainian National Museum Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Ukrainian National Museum Photos
Ukrainian National Museum Hotel
Ukrainian National Museum
Do you agree?
The Ukrainian Chicago Museum is a cultural and educational Chicago attraction
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Ukrainian National Museum of Chicago details the heritage, culture and people of Ukraine. The Museum Collection includes traditional folk arts, agricultural tools, artwork, musical instruments, trophies and more. The Museum Library, with over 20,000 titles, includes rare books, author-autographed editions, monographs on Émigré Communities, contemporary editions, and over 600 periodicals and newspapers. The Museum Archives include material about Ukrainian communities, particularly in Chicago, Ukrainian performance groups, local church archives, 1933 Chicago World’s Fair memorabilia and more.
Note that on certain days of the week, visits to the Chicago Ukrainian Museum are by appointment only. Be sure to check with the Museum for open visitation days.
Why We Go: The Chicago National Ukrainian Museum offers a fascinating insight into the history and culture of both Ukraine and Ukrainian immigrants.
- Amazing Value: This immensely interesting museum doesn't charge for admission.
- Educational: Visitors will leave feeling inspired and educated after their visit to the Ukrainian National Museum.
- Great Location: Ukrainian restaurants, cathedrals and other cultural landmarks are located in the surrounding area.
Inside Knowledge: The Ukrainian Chicago Museum regularly hosts cultural and family friendly events, so check with the museum staff to see what's going on when you visit.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take a Tour: Group tours at the Ukrainian Chicago Museum are available if requested in advance.
- Do Explore the Area: The Ukrainian Village offers many other Ukrainian attractions, such as the Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art, which is only a short walk away.
- Don't Forget the Kids: Kids will love the engaging exhibitions and family aimed activities are often offered.
- Don't Expect Lunch: The Ukrainian Chicago Museum doesn't provide on on-site eatery, but many restaurants and cafes are located nearby this top Chicago attraction.