Union Station Chicago
Union Station Chicago Events
Union Station Chicago Information
When to Go:
Trains may be more crowded during holiday season.
- Union Station Chicago doubles as a transportation headquarters as well as a magnificent event venue.
- Touring Union Station is a free activity!
- Enjoy this magnificent and historic building with a Beaux Arts style hall containing great attention to architectural detail.
225 S Canal St
Chicago, IL 60606
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Union Station Chicago Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Union Station Chicago Photos
Union Station Chicago Hotel
Union Station Chicago
Do you agree?
Magnificent Timeless Chicago Landmark: Union Station Chicago
This activity is FREE!
Features: Union Station is an historical landmark in Chicago, the last remaining of Chicago's great turn-of-the-century train depots. Back in the 1940's, over 300 trains arrived or departed daily and 100,000 passengers passed through the terminal. Today, about 50,000 commuters pass through Union Station each day.
While most of the daily commuters go directly to the trains and never pass through the Great Hall, which is that portion of the station that dates back to 1925. You'll want to visit that section and take in the regal stature of this historical structure with its marble floors and walls, Corinthian columns, and bronze torches.
If you need a bite to eat while visiting Union Station, you'll find a variety of options, including a cafeteria style deli with bar, a food court, Corner Bakery for sandwiches and baked goods, Gold Coast Dogs, and Connie's Pizza. Union Station Chicago also has a convenience shops for magazines, newspapers and Chicago souvenirs.
Why We Go: Part event venue and transportation center, this timeless Chicago landmark, Union Station, is a spectacular place to host private events, catch a train, or even film a movie. Check out this memorable venue on your next trip to the Windy City.
- Event Venue: Union Train Station Chicago functions as a transportation and event venue. Rent the Great Hall out for your next special event!
- Magnificent Architecture: Union Station Chicago contains Corinthian columns, barrel vaulted ceilings, and terracotta walls. Come take a look and be amazed.
- Transportation Depot: Need to get somewhere? No Problem. Union Station Chicago is one of the city's transportation mecca's. Get to the exact destination you're searching for.
Inside Knowledge: Union Train Station Chicago is simple to navigate through, so you won't have to worry about getting lost and missing your train.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Camera: Union Train Station Chicago has such beautiful architecture, you'll want to capture your visit on film.
- Do Plan an Event: Host your next big celebration in this Windy City landmark, Chicago Metra Union Station.
- Don't Forget Your Ticket: If you're heading to Union Station to catch a train, make sure you've got your ticket before hopping on the train!
- Don't Take the Car: Union Station Chicago is located extremely close to public transit.