Chicago is one of the most historically rich cities in America and its wide variety of museums reflect that! Chicago museums are a reliable year-round way to enjoy this great city on your next vacation. No matter if its rain or shine, step into these museums and see exciting, diverse and educational exhibits from around the world!
There are so many great museums in Chicago it can be hard to pick which ones to go to on your trip to the Windy City. But don't worry, we have a complete rundown of all of the best museums in Chicago right here so you can be sure to make it to the ones that will interest you and your family the most!
- Field Museum of Natural History: Home to Sue the T-Rex, the world's most complete T-Rex skeleton, the Chicago Field Museum also has a wide array of interesting and interactive exhibits. The Field Museum is accessible and captivating for kids and adults alike and is a top destination for many Chicago Travelers.
- Shedd Aquarium: As the world's largest indoor aquarium the Shedd Aquarium on Museum Campus has over 8,000 aquatic animals and 25,000 fish to see! With all of our favorite animals from huge sharks to tiny fish, the aquarium also features great animal shows, hands on exhibits and special events for kids.
- Adler Planetarium: While the other museums in Chicago's Museum Campus teach you to better understand the earth, the Adler Planetarium urges you to look to the skies beyond our planet. The two full-sized planetarium theaters and over 35,000 feet of exhibits will rekindle your interest in outer space!
If all three of these excellent Chicago museums sound like must-see destinations to you, check out the Museum Campus Pass. If you make it to all three museums with this card you'll save 26% off of your entry fees!
Other Top Chicago Museums
- Museum of Science and Industry: The 14 acres of hands-on exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry aren't the only exciting feature they boast. This museum is also the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere and the only remaining building from the 1893 World's Fair!
- Chicago Art Institute: With galleries that contain over 1,500 paintings and sculptures, the Chicago Art Institute has pieces that span every major historical art movement. Art history buffs and laymen alike can spend hours soaking up the beautiful and often surprising artwork at this national treasure.
- Chicago Children's Museum: A perfect place to spend a few hours for any family visiting Chicago, the Children's Museum is full of great interactive exhibits to intrigue, delight and challenge kids. This museum is a winner with children 10 years old and younger and adults will love the innovative ways of play available here.
Many of the most popular museums in Chicago are great for the whole family, so make sure to pack up the crew and spend some time enjoying the great wonders of the world! Take advantage of all our special Chicago museum deals so that you can see even more while you're here!