Chicago is one of the most bikeable city’s in the country, and for travelers who want to see the Chicago’s beautiful lakefront and top attractions, there’s hardly a better way to get around than hopping on a bike and strolling down along the 18 miles of car-free bike paths. Rent a bike or a head out on a guided tour with Bike and Roll Chicago - they’ve got the largest bike selection in town, with multiple locations that make it easy to cruise around Chicago at your leisure!
This company has been supplying Chicago tourists and local bikers alike with fabulous bicycle rentals and guided bike tours for the past 18 years, so a great time and attentive customer service is all but guaranteed when you stop by one of their bike depots.
Where To Bike and Roll
Bike and Roll Chicago has four locations dispersed throughout the city, which makes it easy to coordinate your ride through the city depending on which location you head to. Each of the four bike depots has different hours, but Summer is when they are open the longest for, opening as early as 630 am at the Millennium Park location, and not closing until 10 pm the Navy Pier depot, which means that guests can watch the sunset or the fireworks, and are sure to be able to squeeze some biking into their itinerary.
Millennium Park - one of their busiest locations, and it’s in operation all year round. They are positioned on East Randolph Street, and this depot offers bike rentals, guided bike and Segway tours and a commuter center.
The Navy Pier location is located right in the center of the lively boardwalk on Grand Avenue, and is the perfect starting out point for exploring the Lincoln Park area. Rent a bike, take a bike tour or hop in a pedicab.
Riverwalk situated between Wacker and Wabash Street. Here they offer segway tours, bike rentals and bike tours (even food tours by bike!)
53rd Street Bike Center - in the heart of downtown Chicago. This is the hub of Bike and Roll, where you’ll find every service they offer, from helpful maps, to rentals and tours, and even air to fill up your tires.
Guided Tours By Bike and Roll
Those who seek a little more structure and insight to their exploration of Chicago should take one of the exciting Bike and Roll Guided Bike tours.
- Their Lincoln Park Adventure is the most popular tour, because who doesn’t love the beautiful trails of Lincoln Park Chicago as you ride past beaches, parks and the famous Lincoln Park Zoo. This is a wonderful tour of Chicago travelers, because it offers a mix of some of the city’s top attractions and all of the natural scenery that makes this city beautiful. From Navy Pier to the Conservatory, this is a ride that the whole family will enjoy along the Chicago Lakefront.
- Tons of fantastic neighborhoods make of the city of Chicago, and the Friendly Neighborhoods Tour is one of the top ways to discover the distinct differences between the luxury in Gold Coast, the historic buildings of Old Town, the serene vantage points from Lakeview and charming Oz-Park.
- Bike and Roll’s Bikes at Night Tour highlights the top attractions after dark and takes riders through to gape at the Incandescent lights of the Magnificent Mile and the Crown Fountain in Millennium Park. The city’s top attractions sparkle like jewels in the sky at night, and there’s no better way to spend an evening in Chicago than on a fantastic bike ride through the city and a night that ends with the amazing fireworks show at Navy Pier.
Don’t want to bike? How about taking Chicago by Segway?
- They offer just as many Segway tours as they do bike tours. Take the Amazing Lakefront Chicago Segway Tour and check out Chicago’s lakefront, parks and skyline on an exciting tour! Enjoy a beautiful Segways at Sunset tour for an unforgettable experience and some amazing pictures to take home with you. Architecture lovers won’t want to miss the Skyscraper Architectural Segway Tour, and if both of these sound good to you, there’s also a Skyscrapers at Sunset Architectural Segway Tour that combines the best of the best!
Touring the city can really work up an appetite. Why not eat along the way?
- They offer tons of great food tours, from the Sweet Home Chicago Food Tour, where you’ll get a taste of the best sweet spots in Chicago, or the Chicago Bikes, Blues and BBQ Tour, where you can immerse yourself in the culture, music, history and awesome food of Hyde Park. Those who want a taste of what Chicago’s known for should stick with the Big Shoulders Food Tour though, where you can sample all the foods that made Chi-Town famous. The great things about these food tours is that in between your bites, you’ll be biking around, so you can enjoy every bite without worrying about your waistline! You wanted to try it all anyways, and food tours let you sample the best of Chicago in one afternoon!
Where to Explore
If you decide to venture out on your own, don’t worry about getting lost or missing the things you want to see. Chicago has a wealth of great bike trails and area that is easily traveled by bike, and Bike and Roll can provide helpful maps that make sightseeing on your own easy.
The Lakefront is one of the best ones to discover via bike, as it is comprised of over 18 miles of car-free bike paths, in addition to stunning views of the beaches, parks and world-famous architecture. Catch glimpses of other top Chicago attractions like the Lincoln Park Zoo, Museum Campus and Millennium Park via the Lakefront bike paths.
Chicago is a melting pot of different cultures, so cruise through ethnic neighborhoods like Greektown, Chinatown and Little Italy for a ride a bit off the beaten tourist track. Take in the amazing buildings, and stop for a tasty bite in any of these neighborhoods.
Wrigleyville is home to Wrigley Field, and is another of the Chicago areas that is easily accessible via bike. Zip through the neighborhood surround the second oldest ballpark in America, which is infused with a retro charm and is filled with fun attractions. Maps for all of these areas are available on the Bike and Roll website, so you can print them out and plot out your route ahead of time.
Whether you choose a guided tour or to set out and discover the city at your own pace on a bike rental, Bike and Roll Chicago has you covered!