Book of Mormon
Book of Mormon Information
- The Book of Mormon is a musical best suited for a mature audience.
- The show was written by the creators of Southpark and Avenue Q. This will be one of the best Chicago shows for you if you enjoy a good laugh.
- The Book of Mormon won 9 Tony Awards on Broadway in 2011.
December 11, 2012 - Ongoing
Tue-Fri 7:30pm, Sat. 2pm and 9pm, Sun. 2pm and 7:30pm
2 Hours 15 Minutes
Bank Of America Theatre
18 W Monroe St
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Monroe-red (Red Line) Monroe-blue (Blue Line) Adams/wabash (Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line)
Ages 17 and up
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Book of Mormon Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Not what you were looking for?
Search by artist, venue, or event!
Book of Mormon
Do you agree?
"The Best Musical of the Century" - The New York Times
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $26-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: If you're looking for a laugh or two on your next trip to the Windy City, The Book of Mormon may be one of the best Chicago shows for you. This is a light-hearted religious satire that's won Tony Awards on Broadway and will open in Chicago starting December 2012.
Why We Go: There's nothing like a good night of comedy on vacation, right? There are plenty of reasons not to miss this one!
- For the Laughs: If you're a fan of Southpark, or you've ever seen Avenue Q, then you know you the writers are capable of hysterical and witty banter. The Book of Mormon is nothing short of hilarious.
- For the Story: It's not just all laughs! The great story of two Mormon men exploring their faith, and everyone else's, is very endearing.
- For a Great Show: The Book of Mormon won a whopping 9 Tony Awards in 2011 on Broadway, naming it the Best Musical of the Year. Vogue called the play the "best musical in 25 years" and you're going to want to get your Chicago show tickets early to get a great seat!
Inside Knowledge: This may be a comedy about religion, but this is surely not a cast of choir boys. Expect the potty mouths and offensive banter to be flowing freely.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Get Your Tickets Online: The Book of Mormon is going to be one of the most popular Chicago shows from opening night on. Be sure to get your tickets early so that you don't miss the chance to see it! Chicago Traveler can also help you find a great deal on the best seats in the house!
- Do Expect a Satire: Keep an open mind going in. They show no mercy when it comes to any religion discussed in the show, but it's never malicious.
- Don't Bring the Kids: This is one of the Chicago shows that you're going to want to catch without the rugrats. Don't worry though - there are plenty of fun things to do in Chicago with kids.
- Don't Stay Far: There's are tons of great things to do in Chicago, and the Theatre District is located near the best of the greats! You won't regret staying at one of the Chicago hotels near this theatre.