The Buddy Holly Story
The Buddy Holly Story Information
- The Buddy Holly Story is a toe-tapping, crowd-pleasing musical that features all of the golden oldies associated with the 1950's.
- It tells the true story of Buddy Holly's meteoric rise to superstardom in the 1950's, with his unique sound that dominated the airwaves up until his tragic death in 1959.
- Opening on June 18th and running until June 30th at the historic Cadillac Theatre, get your Chicago show tickets now to ensure you have a seat during the show's short run!
June 18 - 30, 2013
Cadillac Palace Theatre
151 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
The Buddy Holly Story Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Not what you were looking for?
Search by artist, venue, or event!
The Buddy Holly Story
Do you agree?
Buddy is a crowd-pleasing musical that tells the story of Buddy Holly's rise to fame in the 1950's.
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $26-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Check out other shows playing now!
Features: Featuring a ripped from the headlines true story of 1950's rockstar Buddy Holly, this musical charts the quirky musician's career: from his crescendo to fame with a series of top hits like "That'll Be The Day," to his devastating and untimely death just two years after his quick rise to superstardom. With recognizable songs that capture the essence of the 1950's and fun dance numbers, this is a feel-good musical that will have the audience up on their feet.
Why We Go:
- Short Run: Like other Chicago shows, The Buddy Holly Story will be playing in the Windy City for a brief time only. Don't delay if this musical is something that piques your interest, as it will run for two weeks only, so reserve tickets online today!
- Fantastic Music: The musical features classic hits like "That'll Be the Day," "Peggy Sue" and "Oh Boy," and older audience members will be hit with a wave of nostalgia as they hear these song from their childhood, while younger people will still want to sing along to the catchy tunes.
- Critical Acclaim: The Buddy Holly Story has been winning audience members and critics alike over with its charm and great songs. According to the Boston Globe, this show will "send you out of the theater on an unstoppable high!"
Inside Knowledge: Buddy premiered in London in 1989, with a high profile producer in Paul McCartney and other bigtime backers supporting the show. It ran in England for 12 years, and has since traveled around the United States, being performed all over the country.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do come if you loved Jersey Boys: With a similar retro feel, storyline and catchy vintage oldies making up the soundtrack, fans of Jersey Boys will be similarly delighted by Buddy.
- Don't hesitate to explore the area: Plenty of the most exciting places to see in Chicago are in the Loop District where the Cadillac Theatre is located, so leave room in your schedule to check out these Chicago tourist attractions after the show!