Second Fridays Events
Second Fridays Information
When to Go:
Seconf Friday of every month
18th St Chicago near the Arts District has been flagged for gang activity
19th Street at Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60608
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Second Fridays Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Second Fridays Photos
Second Fridays Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Free Chicago Arts Events Takes Place the Second Friday of Each Month
This activity is FREE!
Features: Showcasing the best artists and art galleries in Chicago, Second Fridays Chicago in the Chicago Arts District is a free event in Chicago that takes place the second Friday of each month. Chicago art galleries participating in Second Fridays include the South Halsted Gallery and the Chicago Art Department, and is one of the top Chicago attractions for art enthusiasts on vacation in Chicago.
Why We Go: Spend a couple hours touring the arts in Chicago, and you might just find a creative new piece for your home at the Chicago Arts District Second Fridays.
- Support Fine Arts Chicago: Over the last few years, the Chicago Arts District has been decimated by the recession, as well as increased rental rates in the area. Show your appreciation for arts in Chicago by attending Second Fridays Chicago.
- Cheap Date Night: Given that the price of admission is free at the Chicago Arts District Second Fridays, budget travelers on vacation in Chicago can enjoy an affordable yet interesting date night in the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago.
- Interesting Works: Featured Chicago arts mediums at Second Fridays Chicago include acryllic painting, ceramics and glass blowing from some of the most innovative artists in Chicago.
Inside Knowledge: If your stomach begins to growl as you tour the best Chicago Arts District Second Fridays galleries, there are a handful of popular Chicago restaurants in Pilsen. We recommend Bacchanalia for some of the best Italian dining in Chicago's Lower West Side, or Carnitas Don Churro for cheap Mexican food in Chicago just a short walk away.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Mingle With the Artists: Find out what inspires some of the best artists in Chicago by introducing yourself to Chicago artists showcasing their work at Second Fridays Chicago.
- Do Dress Appropriately: Second Fridays Chicago take place year-round, so if you're attending this top Chicago event in the Winter, you'll want to dress warm as you'll be walking from one Chicago art gallery in Pilsen to another.
- Don't Forget Cash: You never know when inspiration might strike. Bring a little cash just in case you see a beautiful necklace or interesting print as you walk through the Chicago Arts District Second Fridays.
- Don't Visit Just One Gallery: With a number of Chicago art galleries participating in Second Fridays Chicago, you'll want to spread yourself out and visit more than one of these Chicago Art District galleries.