Chicago Marathon Events
Chicago Marathon Summary
Event Overview: Runners from all over the country and the world participate in this popular marathon. The Bank of America Chicago Marathon starts and ends in beautiful Grant Park. The 26-mile course travels through the city. And at the end of the race, all runners and spectators are invited to enjoy the post-race party.
What to Expect: Whether you're running in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, or just going along to cheer on the participants, the marathon in Chicago is a great experience for all.
- Great Sights: The marathon in Chicago course winds its way through the city and surrounding neighborhoods, passing some of the major attractions along the way. Running the Chicago Marathon is a great way to experience this beautiful city and all that it has to offer.
- After Party: At the end of the finish line is the 27th Mile Post Race Party, an event that features food, drinks, and live entertainment. It's the perfect place to relax after the Chicago Marathon.
Inside Knowledge: Looking to load up on carbs before the race? The Hilton Chicago hosts a Pasta Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm the night before the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. For $35, runners can enjoy a mouthwatering selection of pastas, bread, salad, and desserts.
Event Hints: Whether your participating in the marathon in Chicago, or just going to cheer on the runners, these tips will help make the day more enjoyable.
- Avoid Traffic: With thousands of participants and spectators descending upon Grant Park, parking in the area is not easy. People are advised to take public transportation to and from the event in order to cut down on traffic congestion.
- Wear Layers: This tip goes for both runners and spectators. Chicago's weather is notoriously changeable in October, so it is recommended that you wear layers to peel off or pile on depending on the weather during the Chicago IL. Marathon.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Marathon Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago Marathon Photos
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
$145 - $170
Family-Friendly Fun at The Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
Do you agree?
Event Quick Facts
- The first Chicago Marathon was held in 1905.
- Up to 45,000 runners participate in the marathon in Chicago every year.
- Runners from all over the United States, and from 100 different countries around the world descend upon Chicago for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- Runners have 6 hours and 30 minutes to complete the 26-mile Chicago Marathon course.
Special Metra Train services are available on the day of the race.