Chicago Newberry Library
Chicago Newberry Library Events
Chicago Newberry Library Information
Tues.-Fri. 9am-5pm; Sat. 9am-1pm
When to Go:
- The Chicago Newberry Library was established in 1887, and its immense non-circulating and rare book collections embrace Western civilization.
- The Newberry Library was initially located in three temporary locations before its present location was finished in 1893.
- This Chicago library houses more than 1.5 million books, 5 million pages of manuscripts, and 500,000 historic maps.
60 W Walton St
Chicago, IL 60610
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Newberry Library Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago Newberry Library Photos
Chicago Newberry Library Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Chicago Newberry Library
Do you agree?
This Library Embodies Western Civilization and Literature
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Newberry Public Library is a beautiful building, historical in both its architecture and the unbelievable treasures it contains. This Chicago Library sits in the historic Washington Square, and is worth a visit.
Why We Go: Not only is this Chicago Library a historical landmark and beautiful building, but the Newberry Library hosts many awesome special events and exhibitions open to the public.
- Tours: On Thursdays at 3pm and Saturdays at 10:30am free tours of the Newberry Library are offered. Group tours require reservations.
- Special Events: The Chicago Newberry Library hosts numerous annual events, some open to the public and some strictly for donors. Their annual book fair and Bughouse Square Debates are two great events worth checking out.
- Exhibitions: The Chicago Library hosts special exhibitions that are FREE and open to the public, and can not only be extremely interesting, but very educational. Current information concerning the library's exhibitions can be found on the Newberry Library website.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Newberry Library also has FREE high-speed Wi-Fi.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Check the Website: The Newberry Library constantly updates its website for information regarding upcoming events and exhibitions, so be sure to check it out before you go.
- Do Take a Tour: On Thursdays at 3pm and Saturdays 10:30am the Chicago Newberry Library offers FREE tours. For large groups reservations must be made in advance.
- Don't Forget Your Kids: The Chicago Library is kid friendly, and if any of your kids are interested in books, history, or the medieval period, this is the place to take them.
- Don't Know Where to Host that Special Event? The Chicago Newberry Library also allows you to rent out the facility for special events like weddings. This beautiful Chicago Library is the perfect place to have an elegant wedding.