Chicago Promontory Point
Chicago Promontory Point Events
Chicago Promontory Point Information
When to Go:
- Promontory Point Chicago is a popular area that jets out of Burnham Park on Lake Michigan, and features beautiful Chicago skyline views in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
- This man-made Chicago attraction first opened in 1937, and is a favorite with Chicago locals and tourists hoping to enjoy a picnic in the Summer sun.
- Chicago Promontory Point field house is a popular Chicago wedding destination, and there are plenty of benches and barbecue pits available to the public.
5491 South Shore Dr
Chicago, IL 60615
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Promontory Point Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago Promontory Point Photos
Chicago Promontory Point Hotel
Chicago Promontory Point
Do you agree?
Chicago Park on Lake Michigan is a Favorite With South Side Locals
This activity is FREE!
Features: Located in Burnham Park on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago Promontory Point is a quiet place to relax and unwind on a warm Summer afternoon. Listed as one of the best Chicago picnic areas by the Huffington Post, Promontory Point Chicago also has a number of benches and fire pits, and swimming is allowed at this favorite park in Chicago.
Why We Go: Chicago Promontory Point provides tourists and locals with a scenic and quaint area to kick back with a book, play a little Frisbee, or enjoy a dip in the Lake Michigan water.
- On the Water: One of just a handful of Chicago parks on Lake Michigan, Promontory Point Chicago has smooth rocks by the water great for laying out on, and the water is shallow enough that you can enjoy a swim by the shore.
- Pavilion and Field House: The pavilion and field house at Chicago Promontory Point are available for rent, and make for a great Chicago wedding venue on Lake Michigan.
- Stay Active: There are running and biking paths at Promontory Point Chicago, and plenty of green space to keep active with your friends and family at this favorite Chicago park.
Inside Knowledge: Chicago parking is free at Promontory Point in Chicago, and there are clean restrooms and facilities open year-round for your convenience.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Have a BBQ: There are a number of barbecue pits available at Promontory Point Chicago, making it the perfect destination for a Chicago BBQ with your friends and family.
- Do Pack Your Swimsuit: Whether you plan on jumping into the waters of Lake Michigan, or are just hoping to get a little color after a long Winter hibernation, be sure to bring your swimsuit to this scenic Chicago park.
- Don't Forget a Sweatshirt: Because Chicago Promontory Point is right on the water, it can get a bit windy and chilly in the late afternoons and early evenings at this Hyde Park attraction in Chicago. Play it safe and pack a sweatshirt when you visit Promontory Point Chicago.
- Don't Stay Late: As safe as Promontory Point in Chicago is during the day, this Chicago park attracts some sketchy individuals after dark. We recommend leaving before the designated 9pm closing time at this popular park in the South Side of Chicago.