Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Information
- The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is part of the "Big Five" American orchestras - it's among the most well known and talented in the world!
- While all ages are welcome to attend these Chicago concerts, the orchestra generally attracts more mature audiences.
- The Chicago Symphony Orchestra has been named the best orchestra in the United States, and the 5th best orchestra in the world by Gramaphone.
Throughout the Year
Performance Times Vary
Chicago Symphony Center
220 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60604
Adams/wabash (Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line) Monroe-red (Red Line) Jackson-red (Red Line)
All ages are generally welcome.
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
There is no data in this table.
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Do you agree?
See the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on your next trip for a special night in the Windy City!
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $26-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is one of the most famous orchestras around, and Chicago Traveler can help you find orchestra tickets and keep up with upcoming Chicago concerts and performances to attend while you're in town!
Why We Go: Such a talented group of performers deserves the attention of all the musically inclined Chicago Travelers! Many wouldn't dream of missing a chance to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra!
- Award Winning Orchestra: The group has been recognized as leaders in their craft by musical geniuses all over the world! They've also earned 62 Grammy Awards for their recordings! Luckily, you can get the live experience.
- Historic Chicago Group: The orchestra has been putting on Chicago concerts since it was founded in 1891 by Charles Fay.
- Ravinia Festival: While most performances take place in the Chicago Center, summer performances are held at the Ravinia in Highland Park.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Symphony is part of the Big Five. This group is considered the leaders in "musical excellence, calibre of musicianship, total contract weeks, weekly basic wages, recording guarantees, and paid vacations."
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do See Them at Orchestra Hall: This is where the best Chicago concerts are held each year, although summers at the Ravinia Festival are fun too!
- Do Buy Your Tickets Online: Seeing these Chicago shows is exciting for any music lover, but tickets can sometimes get pricey! Chicago Traveler can help get you to the concert for less when you purchase online!
- Don't Drag Your Kids Along: This is the perfect idea for a date in Chicago, and many people who come are on one. There are tons of other great things to do in Chicago with kids!
- Don't Stay Far Away: You can find a great Chicago hotel nearby so that you don't have to trek to far when the symphony lets out at night. We can help you find Chicago hotel deals for your next trip too!