Chicago Theatre Events
Chicago Theatre Information
Box Office is open Mon.-Fri 12pm-6pm, Sat.-Sun. Closed (except for an hour before and after show times)
When to Go:
Age restrictions vary by featured show.
State/Lake Subway Station
- The Chicago Theatre first opened in 1921 and is conveniently located in close proximity to multiple subway stations.
- The Chicago Theater is known for its giant name emblanzened marquee and for hosting many musicals, plays, and films.
- Theater in Chicago is at its best on this iconic stage.
175 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60601
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.8 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Chicago Theatre Reviews
Chicago Theatre Photos
Chicago Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
The Chicago Theatre: A Theatrical I-C-O-N
Features: The iconic Chicago Theater offers some of the best performances of stage and screen in the Windy City. First opened in 1921, this majestic theatrical venue with its lavish decor and famed marquee offer patrons feature musicals, plays, concerts, and more. Renovated during a theatrical restoration project, The Chicago Theatre was reopened in 1986 and now seats just over 3,600 people. To this day, the elegant Windy City landmark remains a hallmark of Chicago Theater as well as a vital part of Chicago's history within the theatre district.
Why We Go: People head to the theatre for a variety of reasons, to enjoy the music, the acting, and more; however, most often, it is to be transported to another world an let their imaginations soar. The Chicago Theatre is home to the beloved C-H-I-C-A-G-O marquee and has debuted a number of ground-breaking performances. Theater in Chicago is a cultural, historical, and forever adored activity. Come check out this favorite venue.
- Discount Tickets: Chicago Theatre tickets are often sale, so come out an enjoy a night of theatre at this iconic venue.
- Elegant Evening: Theater in Chicago is an evening out on the town, check out this Chicago favorite luxurious movie palace.
- Plenty of Seating: The Chicago Theatre has seating for over 3,600 patrons, each of which is angled properly so that you can see the stage and enjoy the performance no matter where you're seated.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Theatre is also known as the "Wonder Theatre of the World". It was given this name when it opened in October of 1921 due to its majestic lobby and beautiful French Baroque style architectural construction.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Enjoy the European Architectural Influences: This Chicago Theater has a French Baroque exterior featuring a small replica of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris and a lobby featuring influences from the Royal Chapel of Versailles and the Paris Opera House.
- Do Check Show Times and Discounts: Theater in Chicago often showcases deals and promotions, many of which take place at The Chicago Theatre. Be on the lookout!
- Don't Worry About Parking: The Chicago Theatre is located within walking distance of multiple subway stations.
- Don't Forget to Grab Dinner Nearby: The Chicago Theatre is situated within close proximity to many Chicago restaurants, so swing by a delicious eatery or bar/lounge prior to your night of Chicago Theater.