Chicagoland Speedway Events
Chicagoland Speedway Information
Race times vary
When to Go:
The Sprint Cup GEICO 400 is a September night race held here, NASCAR races are in July and September
All ages welcome!
- Chicagoland Speedway is a 1.5 mile speedway in Joliet, Illinios, just southwest of Chicago.
- The Chicagoland Speedway has been open since 2001, and hosts annual NASCAR races like the GEICO 400, the SP 300 and the Dollar General 300.
- The most popular race at Chicagoland is the GIECO 400, which is held every September and in 2008 became a night race in the Sprint Cup Series.
500 Speedway Boulevard
Joliet, IL 60433
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicagoland Speedway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicagoland Speedway Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Head to Chicagoland this July or September to see a NASCAR race live for yourself!
Features: Home to the GEICO 400, Chicagland Speedway also holds 2 races in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, one in the Camping World Truck Series and one in the ARCA Re/Max Series. NASCAR fans come from all over to attend the annual GEICO 400 night race every September in Joliet, Illinios! Chicago Traveler can help you get your Chicagoland Speedway tickets and find a hotel near the Chicagoland Speedway so that you can experience a NASCAR race for yourself!
Why We Go: Chicagoland is a racetrack that hosts several of the most popular races in NASCAR every year. One thing that this speedway has going for it that no other racetrack can brag about is its convenient location to beautiful nearby Chicago! When you're not boozing it up at a race, come to the city to check out the beautiful sights, delicious food and everything else!
- September Night Race: The GEICO 400 is the main event of the year, and NASCAR fans look forward to this night race all season long!
- Live Concerts: When the engines aren't roaring, the speedway hosts live concerts. You can see everyone from country stars to hard-core rockers on this stage!
- Affordable Camping: Many Chicago Travelers who come for a race like to camp out at Chicagoland when they're not staying in one of the nearby hotels because it's a fun and affordable chance to mingle with fellow NASCAR fans and party all night long! There are four camping locations to choose from!
Inside Knowledge: In 2012, Brad Keselowski took home that sweet victory from the Chicagoland Speedway Sprint Cup Race in September, but Tony Stewart holds the most victories (3) for this racetrack. Get your Chicagoland Speedway tickets for 2013, because the drivers will be racing hard to set new records!
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Get Your Tickets Online: Many of the races at Chicagoland are very popular, and most of the cheap Chicagoland tickets sell out quickly online. Don't get stuck overpaying!
- Do Cheer on Your Driver: Don't forget to wear all your drivers gear and support their brands any way you can, whether you're decked out in their colors or drinking nothing but Budweiser all day long!
- Don't Drink and Drive: It's going to be tempting to party hardy at any race or concert you attend here, but definitely check out all the hotels near Chicagoland Speedway or the four campgrounds.
- Don't Miss Chicago: We definitely do not recommend coming all the way to Chicagoland for a race and missing the Windy City! You're going to want to check out all the best things to do in Chicago when you're here in July or September!