Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides
Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides Events
Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides Information
Seven days a week, by appointment
Entire Experience ~ 2 hours
When to Go:
Clear, sunny days
Flying high and fast. One of a kind!
- The Chicago Gauntlet Warbirds headquarters is located at the Aurora Airport.
- Design your own flight. Certified instructor pilots. Optional video available.
- No flying experience or pilot's license is required at this Chicago air tours company.
43W514 US 30
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Gauntlet Warbirds Airplane Rides
Do you agree?
Airplane Rides with Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago
- Adult Price$330.00
Features: Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago is a tailwheel, aerobatic and warbird training center that also offers incredibly fun and exciting Airplane Rides to the general public!! Fly with certified instructors that also specialize in teaching pilots of all experience levels to operate high-performance piston and jet aircrafts.
Why We Go: This is not just your ordinary flight training facility. Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago offers pilots and non pilots a chance to soar the skies in classic aircrafts, some of which are famously known for their frequent use in WWII.
- Aircraft Options: All the aircrafts offered at the Chicago Gauntlet Warbirds are great options. They offer rides in their T-6, Stearman, and Extra 300L. We would choose the T-6 though. Its nostalgic appearance and its capability of military style aerobatics make for an excellent choice.
- Take the Wheel: If you decide to, your instructor pilot will actually allow you to take the controls and fly it yourself. The Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago pilot will first demo a maneuver and then let you try it as he talks you through it.
- Gift a Ride: Rides with an instructor pilot on a Gauntlet Warbird make for a perfect gift, and gift certificates can even be sent by e-mail!
Inside Knowledge: All current members of the United States military receive discounts at Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago: 40% off rides and 10% off aircraft rental. Just show your military ID when you book!
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Wear Comfortable Clothes: Gauntlet Warbirds in Chicago recommends wearing comfortable clothes and closed toed shoes. They also advise wearing layers if it's cold outside because none of the aircrafts have heaters.
- Do Buy the Video: As a great way to remember this exciting event, Chicago Gauntlet Warbirds offers videos of their flights. The picture in picture window style video shows a view out the front of the aircraft and another view of the customer with intercom radio communications.
- Don't Skip a Meal: Eat normally beforehand as skipping a meal can frequently cause passengers to get airsick on the flight. Gauntlet Warbirds Chicago does however advise on avoiding dairy and acidic foods.
- Don't Forget to Check the Weather: Your Chicago Gauntlet Warbirds instructor pilot will call you the day before your flight to discuss the weather. If the weather presents unsuitable conditions to fly, they'll reschedule the flight for no additional fee.