Gene Siskel Film Center
Gene Siskel Film Center Events
Gene Siskel Film Center Information
Showtimes: Mon.- Fri. 5pm- 10pm, Sat. 2pm- 10pm, Sun. 2pm- 7pm
When to Go:
Filmmakers Q & A Sessions
Kids under 6 not admitted
Lake (Red Line) State/lake (Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line)
Screens hold between 100- 150 people.
- The Gene Siskel Film Center is a popular Chicago movie theater specializing in new Independent movies and classic films not seen at other Chicago movie theaters.
- The Gene Siskel Theater regularly hosts special events, Chicago film festivals and the occasional Hollywood movie premiere.
- The Gene Siskel Film Center is named after the famous Chicago movie critic, and is associated with the Art Insitute of Chicago.
164 North State St
Chicago, IL 60601
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
4.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Gene Siskel Film Center Reviews
Gene Siskel Film Center Photos
Gene Siskel Film Center Hotel
Gene Siskel Film Center
Do you agree?
Top Chicago Movie Theater Downtown Gets Two Thumps Up
Features: A must-see Chicago attraction for film enthusiasts visiting Chicago, the Gene Siskel Film Center is a popular Chicago movie theater that specializes in Independent films and classic cinema showings. Named after the late Chicago film critic Gene Siskel, this ecelectic theater in Chicago regularly hosts special Chicago events and Chicago film festivals.
Why We Go: Celebrating the memory and mission of Gene Siskel, the Gene Siskel Film Center is unlike any other movie theater in Chicago, and features critically-acclaimed Independent movies you won't find anywhere else in Downtown Chicago.
- Rare Films: Chicago films at the Gene Siskel Movie Theater are Independently produced, and usually have a week-long run at this popular movie theater Downtown Chicago.
- Movie Festivals: Chicago movie festivals at the Gene Siskel Theater include the annual Black Harvest International Festival of Film and Video, and there is also an Asian American Showcase each April.
- Beer at the Snack Bar: The cash only snack bar at the Gene Siskel Theater serves beer, popcorn and other treats for your Chicago movie experience.
Inside Knowledge: Occasionally, the Gene Siskel Film Center will host filmmakers in a fascinating Q & A session with the audience. Check the Chicago events schedule to find out more about upcoming events at the Gene Siskel Theater in The Loop.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Friends: If you or your friends are aspiring filmmakers visiting Chicago, the Gene Siskel Film Center is a must-see Chicago attraction Downtown.
- Do Check Out the Classics: See Hollywood classics on the big screen - the way they were meant to be presented - by checking out the Gene Siskel Film Center schedule ahead of time for classic movie showings.
- Don't Fuss Over Parking: Some street parking is available close to this theater in Chicago, however there are a number of L Train stations close by that allow you to avoid the chaos of Chicago parking.
- Don't Bring Kids Under 6: While the Gene Siskel Movie Theater occasionally shows children movies, they do not admit kids under 6 as a courtesy to other theater-goers.