Cheap Rooms and a Great Downtown Location.
Best Feature: Great Downtown Location
Nearest Transit: Harold Washington Library (Brown Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line), Harrison (Red Line), Jackson-Red (Red Line).
Do you agree? Write your own review!Book Now
2. Find your check in date below.
3. Rate shown is average rate for 2 nights.
* Room Rates shown above reflect the average nightly rate for a 2 night stay with the calendar date as the check-in date, our visitors should verify actual rates, promotions and deals directly with the hotel as we make no guarantees regarding rates, but only provide them as a convenience.Book Now
- Check-Out at 11am
- High-Speed Internet
- Near Attractions
- Near Restaurants
- 68 Rooms
- 7 Floors
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Free Fast Internet
- Multilingual Staff
Features: The HI Hostel Chicago is perfect for students and backpackers, with large, single-sex, and unisex dorms, a huge kitchen for preparing cheap meals, friendly staff and a large common room. The rooms at this Chicago hostel are well-equipped, and come with individual lockers, bed linens, towels and pillows. The location is also excellent, within walking distance of a number of top Chicago attractions, including Lake Michigan, the Magnificent Mile and Shedd Aquarium. The HI Hostel Chicago even organizes walking tours so you can get to know the city!
Why We Stay: The great location, budget accommodation, and superb staff make a stay at the HI Chicago Hostel one to remember.
- Affordable Accommodation: You won't find a better location at a cheaper price. The HI Hostel in Chicago is located in the heart of downtown, near many popular Chicago attractions. And with rooms starting at $33 per night, this hostel is a top Chicago deal.
- Friendly Staff: The staff at the HI Hostel Chicago are there to help. They are experts on all the top Chicago attractions. And if you're looking for a restaurant or bar recommendation, simply ask one of the front desk attendants to get a local's recommendation.
Inside Knowledge: Guests of all ages are welcome to stay at the HI Chicago Hostel. There is no age restriction, but guests under 18 must check in with a parent or a guardian.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take Advantage of the Discounts: The HI Chicago offers its guests special discounted rates to a number of local museums and attractions.
- Do Take Public Transportation: The HI Hostel Chicago does not have a parking lot, but it is close to a number of different public transportation options. If you do need to bring a vehicle, there is a public parking lot a few blocks from the Chicago hostel which charges a special rate of $28 for overnight parking, until 2pm the following day.
- Don't Overstay: There is a 14 day limit for guests staying at HI Chicago.
- Don't Worry About Your Luggage: The HI Hostel Chicago offers guests the convenience of on-site luggage storage, which means you can explore all that Chicago has to offer, baggage free!
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
HI-Chicago Guest Rooms
HI Chicago Private Room
This private, non-smoking room at HI Chicago is ideal for those who are looking for a little peace and quiet. Available for both men and women, the room has a single bunk bed, and comes with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.
The bathroom has a shower and a double sink, and is shared with several other rooms. Linens and towels are provided.
HI Chicago 4-Bed Dorm
The single-sex 4-bed dorm at HI Hostel Chicago sleeps 4 people comfortably. The room is strictly non-smoking, and comes with a complimentary continental breakfast every morning.
There is a shared bathroom that contains a double sink and a shower, and linens and towels are provided.
HI Chicago 8-Bed Dorm
This air conditioned room can sleep up to 8 people on bunk beds. Linens and towels are provided, and the room also has complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. This type of room is available in all-male, or all-female configurations.
The bathroom is shared with other rooms, and contains a shower, double sink, and a hairdryer.