Joffrey Ballet: The Nutcracker
Joffrey Ballet: The Nutcracker Information
- The Joffrey Ballet is America's premier ballet company, performing several different shows throughout the year.
- One of the most famous shows of the Joffrey Ballet is the Nutcracker. This is one of the most traditional Chicago shows every holiday season!
- Chicago Traveler can help you find great seats at The Nutcracker this year for a great price!
12/6/2013 - 12/28/2013
Performance Times Vary by Night
2 Hours 50 Minutes
50 E Congress Pkwy
Chicago, Illinois 60605
Harrison (Red Line) Harold Washington Library (Brown Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line) Jackson-red (Red Line)
All ages are welcome.
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Joffrey Ballet: The Nutcracker Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Not what you were looking for?
Search by artist, venue, or event!
Joffrey Ballet: The Nutcracker
Do you agree?
Celebrate 25 years of this holiday production with the Joffrey Ballet this season!
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $26-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Seeing The Nutcracker is the one of the best things to do in Chicago while you're here for the holidays! There are plenty of entertaining Chicago holiday events, but this is a world-class Christmas tradition that's perfect for the whole family!
Why We Go: The Joffrey Ballet is the premier ballet company in America, and they're putting on one of the best Chicago shows of the season for two weeks this December!
- Famous Music: Even if you're not a fan of classic instrumental scores like this one, you have probably heard the music from The Nutcracker Ballet played every year around the holidays. Christmas staples like The Waltz of Flowers, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and more have made this score famous!
- A Beautiful Ballet: The Nutcracker is one of the most famous ballets in the world. Whether you're a frequenter to the ballet or you want to introduce your daughter for the first time, this is the perfect opportunity for a special night at the theater!
- Unmatched Performance: While Chicago shows are hard to compete with in this community of flourishing artists and outstanding performers, the Joffrey Ballet is the best in its class. No Chicago Traveler will want to miss the opportunity to see them live!
Inside Knowledge: The Joffrey Ballet performs the #1 Nutcracker in America, and they've worked at it for 25 years now! But this is not their only production this season. This year, they've also got plenty going on like Human Landscapes, American Legends and Othello.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do See It With the Family: While many children will find it hard to sit through an entire ballet, The Nutcracker is a magical experience that can surely hold the attention of many kids. Of course, you know your kids better than we do.
- Do Plan Ahead: Don't wait until the last minute to get your tickets to Chicago shows, because they often don't last long! Use Chicago Traveler to find all your tickets to concerts and performances, as well as deals on all the best things to do or even your Chicago hotel!
- Don't Miss a Thing: There are tons of amazing Chicago holiday events to enjoy throughout your stay. Keep the holiday spirit in full force the entire time you're here!
- Don't Fall Asleep: Save the visions of sugar plums dancing in your head until you get to the hotel. This is not a ballet that you're going to want to miss a second of, no matter how soothing the melodies are.