Lincoln Park Events
Lincoln Park Information
When to Go:
Always beautiful, no matter which season
Different events are hosted per season, so check what's on when you visit
- Lincoln Park is free and fun for all the family
- Has many great attractions such as the free Lincoln Park Zoo
- Great for a gentle stroll or jog
2045 Lincoln Park W
Chicago, IL 60610
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
4.3 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Lincoln Park Reviews
Lincoln Park Photos
Lincoln Park Hotel
Do you agree?
Lincoln Park Chicago is a free and fun day out
This activity is FREE!
Features: Lincoln Park Chicago is named for an actual park of the same name; this park stretches from Ardmore Avenue to North Avenue and includes The Lincoln Park Zoo, an outdoor theater, a rowing canal, the Peggy Notebart Nature Museum, ponds, ball parks, running paths, boat docks, tennis courts, a golf course, a driving range and a playground. The park sits along the lakefront on the neighborhood’s eastern border, and throughout the year people can be found running along the lakefront, picnicking on its beaches or simply sitting and gazing at the water. It is a lovely vantage point from which an observer can take in much of the lake, as well as the Chicago skyline.
This immense park was built over land that was once a smallpox hospital and a cemetery. Plans to reclaim the 120-acre swamp were begun in 1864. The park was originally named Lake Park, and was renamed Lincoln Park Il after President Lincoln was assassinated.
Lincoln Park Zoo is a particularly popular destination and one of the best Chicago Zoo in the city; it is part of the public park and therefore there is no admission fee. The zoo was officially opened in 1874 with the purchase of a bear cub for $10; more animals were added in the late 1880’s from the Barnum & Bailey Circus. The zoo receives millions of visitors each year who delight in the fact that there are spacious wildlife enclosures amidst the skyscrapers of Chicago. One famed aspect of the zoo is that those in nearby apartment buildings can hear the resident lions roaring on occasion. There is a special African Exhibit, a Children’s Zoo and a host of special-environment exhibits such as Tropical Rainforest and Savannah. Lincoln Park Zoo is one of the last zoos in the country to offer free admission.
Why We Go: This free and breathtaking park is great for a family day out or for a romantic stroll. Open all year and offering a new allure each season, Lincoln Park Il is a must see for any Chicago traveler.
- Free: The Lincoln Park Chicago not only boasts miles or parkland but is free - making it a top Chicago activity
- Great Attractions: The free admission Lincoln Park Zoo hosting over 1200 animals is located in the Lincoln Park Chicago.
- Scenic: Enjoy stunning scenic sights at Lincoln Park Il such as at the Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool.
Inside Knowledge: Lincoln Park Chicago isn't your traditional park, it also plays host to an abundance of restaurants and shops.
Do's and Don'ts
- Do Work Out: Maintain your fitness regime during your stay in Chicago by jogging and working out in the stunning setting of Lincoln Park Il.
- DoStay all Day: With free attractions and a plethora of cafes and shops, you can stay all day at Lincoln Park Chicago.
- Don't Forget Your Pooch: Dogs are welcome in most of Lincoln Park Il making it an ideal place to walk them.
- Don'tForget to Visit the Zoo:Lincoln Park Zoo is one of the last free entry zoos in America, so make sure you stop by.