Lookingglass Theatre Events
Lookingglass Theatre Information
Box Office Hours - Tues.- Fri. 10am- 6pm, Sat. 12pm- 6pm & Sun. 12pm- Curtain
When to Go:
Varies based on show
Advanced ticket purchase strongly recommended
- The Lookingglass Theatre in Chicago was founded in 1988, and has grown in to one of the most popular theatres in Chicago.
- In 2003, the Chicago Lookingglass Theatre moved in to Water Tower Place in Streeterville.
- This inventive Chicago theatre company won the 2011 Tony Award for Best Regional Theatre.
821 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Lookingglass Theatre Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Lookingglass Theatre Photos
Lookingglass Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Inventive Performing Arts Theatre at Water Tower Place
Features: The award-winning Chicago Lookingglass Theatre in Streeterville has been thrilling audiences since its inception in 1988, and regularly produces the most inventive theater shows in Chicago. Anything but your typical Chicago theatre, the Chicago Lookingglass Theatre is small and intimate, and puts audience members closer to the action than any other theatre in Chicago.
Why We Go: The Chicago Lookingglass Theatre takes a modern contemporary approach to Chicago theatre, and incorporates audience participation, acrobatics and creative re-imaginings of classic shows.
- Small Theatre: Small without feeling cramped, the Chicago Lookingglass Theatre puts the audience right on top of the action, creating an intimate stage spectacle unlike any you've ever seen.
- Creativity: From the creative costumes to the high-flying acrobatics special effects, the Lookingglass Chicago Theatre produces your favorite plays with a new and imaginative twist.
- Family Shows: This family friendly Chicago theatre regularly performs shows aimed at kids, and is a great way to introduce your children to the fascinating world of performing arts.
Inside Knowledge: If you're a college kid with just a few bucks to spare, take advantage of the amazing Chicago theatre specials offered by the Lookingglass Chicago. Student Rush tickets are leftover tickets available the day of the show, and cost just $20 with a student ID. The Chicago Lookingglass Theatre Rush tickets are cash only, and must be purchased in person, so call ahead to ensure Chicago ticket availability.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Engage With the Performers: From time to time, the actors at the Lookingglass Chicago Theatre will ask for your audience participation. Don't be the one to let them down!
- Do Admire the History: Founded more than 20 years ago, this popular Chicago theatre has been a staple of the Chicago arts scene for years, earning the Tony Award for Best Regional Theatre in 2011.
- Don't Wait to Purchase Tickets: The Chicago Lookingglass Theatre is small, which means premium weekend seats go in a hurry. However...
- Don't Buy Obstructed Seats: Save your money for the next show, rather than fork over $40 for obstructed seats at the Lookingglass Chicago Theatre