Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
Need a place to stay?
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Events
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Summary
Event Overview: Perhaps the biggest and most popular Chicago holiday event each year is the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival. This holiday tradition in Chicago celebrates the season of giving with over a million lights hung from the festive trees that line the Magnificent Mile in the Near North Side. The Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival begins the weekend before Thanksgiving, and includes three separate weekends of music, parades, fireworks and more!
What to Expect: Expect a festive, kid friendly atmosphere at the Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival complete with Chicago sports mascots, Mickey and friends, and festive floats lead by the city's best marching bands.
- Dazzling Lights: With over a million holiday lights on either side of this famous street in Chicago, is doesn't get much more festive or beautiful than the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival after dark.
- Live Music: The early afternoon music acts at the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival feature mostly kid friendly acts for children under 10. However, later afternoon performances offer something for the adults, and generally lean towards the pop/country crowd.
- A Big Crowd: Keep the kids close by, as the Lights Festival Chicago crowds can get pretty heavy, especially on event weekends. (Opening weekend, the first weekend of December, and the weekend before Christmas.)
Inside Knowledge: Getting some shopping done on the Magnificent Mile? You can take advantage of extended Chicago shopping hours from the stores on N. Michigan Avenue while enjoying the scenery of this popular Chicago holiday attraction in the Near North Side.
- Book Ahead: Use our helpful map of Chicago hotels Downtown to book a room near the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival well in advance.
- Bring the Kids: Not only will the young ones enjoy all the festive events at the Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, but nearby Chicago attractions for kids - such as the LEGO store and American Girl Place - will them inspiration once they climb on Santa's lap with their extensive list of Christmas wishes. Actually, on second thought ...
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
N. Michigan Avenue
Beautiful holiday tradition showcases over a million lights on the Magnificent Mile
Do you agree?
Event Quick Facts
- The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival is a yearly holiday tradition that begins the weekend before Thanksgiving in Chicago, and involves the hanging of over a million lights on the trees that line the Magnificent Mile.
- Along with the beautiful lights display, the Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival includes numerous music performances, a parade, and extended Magnificent Mile shopping hours.
- This kid-friendly Chicago event brings out Chicago's most popular sports mascots, including Benny the Bull and Tommy Hawk.
Grand (Red), Chicago (Red)