Route 66 Raceway
Route 66 Raceway Events
Route 66 Raceway Information
Varies based on event
When to Go:
Tickets to the Route 66 Raceway and the Chicagoland Speedway can be purchased with ticket insurance.
- The Route 66 Raceway was founded in 1998 by nine local entrepreneurs, and is now fully owned and operated by the International Speedway Corporation.
- The Route 66 Raceway consists of a quarter mile drag strip and a half mile dirt oval.
- Next door to the Route 66 Raceway is the sister track, Chicagoland Speedway, host to the annual NASCAR Sprint Cup.
500 Speedway Boulevard
Joliet, IL 60431
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Route 66 Raceway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Route 66 Raceway Photos
Route 66 Raceway Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Route 66 Raceway
Do you agree?
See Amazingly Fast Cars Race to the Finish
Features: The Route 66 Raceway is a fun and exciting way to spend a day in the suburbs of Chicago. This Joliet Speedway hosts numerous events throughout the week that vary in both style and challenge. At this Chicago speedway you can see beautiful muscle cars drag race, or even rent the track for yourself and race your own cars. Next door to the Route 66 Raceway is the famous Chicagoland Speedway where the NASCAR Sprint Cup is held every year.
Why We Go: The Route 66 Raceway is fun for the entire family. Who doesn't enjoy watching amazing cars race down a quarter mile track in mere seconds?
- NHRA: The National Hot Rod Association is a drag racing governing body and considered one of the largest motor sports sanctioning bodies in the world. Many exciting NHRA races and events are held at the Chicago Speedway in Joliet.
- Kid-Friendly: The races and events held at the Route 66 Raceway are kid friendly, and at many of the races kids 12 and under get in FREE.
- Demolition Derbies: The Demolition Derbies are exciting events for the entire family, where cars are pitted against each other in a fight to the death.
Inside Knowledge: The Route 66 Raceway is available for track rental.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring your kids: to the races. Many times admission for children is free, and we all know how much kids love cars and loud rumbles.
- Do See the Demolition Derby: You don't want to miss the chance to see cars ramming each other in a medieval-esque battle to the death.
- Don't Forget your camera: so you can capture the exciting moments you will experience at the Rout 66 Raceway.
- Don't Forget to check: online for updates and current events being held at the Route 66 Raceway and the sister track, the Chicagoland Speedway.