It seems like the whole world has been going nuts for stand up paddle boarding, so we recommend hopping on a board and testing your balance! Chicago Paddle Rental gets Chicago vacationers and locals out in the water and up on a SUP board! Chicago Paddle Rentals doesn’t stop at boards, and offers great deals for hobie kayaks (some even with sails!).
The SUP Boards
The seemingly new craze of SUP actually started in Hawaii in the 1960s, but it seems to have taken a little time to catch on over here on the mainland. Chicago Paddle Rental offers premium Bic paddle boards with F2 polycarbonate paddles of varying blade sizes.
- Lessons: Paddle boarding is like growing a great beard; it takes awhile to do, but once you’ve finished you feel awesome. Chicago Paddle Board Rental gives lessons to newcomers. Private lessons go for $50, so bring some friends and get on the lake!
- SUP Yoga: If you think doing the downward dog is easy on a yoga mat, why not try it on the water? The class starts on land with some stretching, and then out into the water you go! Classes focus on yoga practices like breathing and balancing, and yogis are given the extra incentive not to fall off!
- Rentals: Are you already a paddle board exper, and simply couldn’t fit your paddle board in the overhead compartment? Rent a paddle board and test your balance! One hour rentals are $25, and discounts are available for multiple rentals.
The Hobie Kayaks
Kayaking is a great way to explore, and with the incredible Chicago skyline in the background there is no better way to spend a day in the Windy City. Chicago Paddle Rentals is the only kayak rental company in the area that rents Hobie MirageDrive® Kayaks. These kayaks are state-of-the-art, incredibly fun, foot pedal kayaks with options with or without sails.
- Single Rider Kayaks: Rent a single kayak without a sail for $34.95 per hour. With options between a Hobie Mirage Outback and a Hobie Mirage Angler 14’, and the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island (with a sail for $89.95!) single person kayaks are great for a day of fun. See who can go the fastest!
- Tandem Kayaks: Work as a team with your girlfriend, mom, brother, or stranger on the street in a tandem Hobie kayak. We can’t get enough of these incredible kayaks, and with options with sails or no sails, Chicago kayakers are bound to have a blast. Rend a Hobie Mirage Oasis (no sail) for $59.95 per hour, or a a Hobie Tandem Island (with sail) for $149.95 per hour.
With weeks of warmth still in the future, Chicago travelers and locals should be getting in kayaks, standing on boards, and doing those sun salutations before the sun goes into hiding! Chicago Paddle rentals is open 7 days a week from 10 am - 7 pm. Reservations are recommended, so book a day of fun on Lake Michigan!
Chicago Paddle Rentals
31st Street Harbor