Things to Do in Chicago | Find What to Do in Chicago | Chicago Sights
Top Things to do
- John Hancock Center: The views at the top of the observation deck of this Chicago landmark are truly spectacular, as they provide a panoramic look at the Chicago skyline. Bring a camera to capture the stunning vantage point, and then sip a cocktail in the Signature Lounge, the iconic bar on the 96th floor.
- Chicago Museums: The Windy City has some of the top museums in the world. The Art Institute of Chicago features recognizable works like Grant Wood's American Gothic and Seurat's Sunday Afternoon. The Field Museum of Natural History is most well-known for the world's most complete T-Rex, Sue, but they have tons exhibits the whole family will enjoy.
- Chicago Beaches: North Avenue Beach is located near the historic neighborhood of Lincoln Park, and is a good beach to check out as a traveler. Bring your dog to the Montrose Dog Beach for a fun afternoon off the leash!
- Magnificent Mile: The go-to Chicago destination for shopping and delicious restaurants, a trip to the Magnificent Mile needs to be squeezed into any Windy City trip itinerary. Window shop at some of the high-end stores like Prada or Burberry and then grab a bite to eat at any of the tasty spots in the area.
If you are looking for fun things to do in Chicago when the sun goes down, be ready to make some difficult decisions. Many of the best Chicago things to do at night are for adults (21 and up), but some venues and night entertainment are family friendly. One of the best ways to get an idea of what to do in Chicago at night is with the free weekly newspaper, The Reader, or weekly New City. These papers are extremely popular among the locals, so make sure you get your hands on one before they run out.
If you want to party in Chicago check out Chicago Night Out Deals, which provides Chicago Travelers with all the best happy hours, events and deals in Chicago! It's free to use, so definitely take advantage of their service to make every night in Chicago a fun one!
If you're out with the ladies on a Saturday night, check out all the gorgeous men at Hunk-O-Mania, one of the best male revues in town. Maybe comedy is more you thing? The Comedysportz Theatre has shows every weekend! For something romantic and upbeat check out the Mystic Blue After Dark Moonlight Cruises.
Here are all the other highlights in the Chicago nightlife scene.
Take a ride out on Chicago waters during fun boat tours! For a cool way to see the Windy City, taking Chicago boat tours can let you enjoy the pretty outdoors, fresh air and exciting experience of being on a boat. Boat tours in Chicago can be especially romantic in the evenings, when lovebirds can view the sunset from aboard a boat.
If you're traveling to Chicago, you've probably heard that the food is pretty amazing - and you've heard right! Chicago food tours make sure that you get to try all the best food this city has to offer. If you go with Chicago Food Planet Tours, you can enjoy three hour experiences full of tasty eats and interesting neighborhood explorations. You'll get to discover local mom-and-pop shops, incredible ethnic restaurants, and eateries with comfort food done right!
Who says you have to break the bank to visit Chicago? If you've been dreaming about it and are determined to visit the Windy City, Chicago tour deals will give you the ability to see and do more - for less money! If you'd like to see the city with a helpful tour guide rather than trying to figure out where to go and what to do on your own, be sure to check out Chicago tour deals to save yourself money.
Majestic Casino Located in Gary offoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoff
Thing to do
Marina City Located in Near North offoffoffoffCulturalFamily FriendlyHistoricHoliday FunoffNightlifeSights of ChicagooffScenicShoppingoffoff
Thing to do
McCormick Center Located in Near South offoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoff
Thing to do
Pritzker Pavilion Chicago Located in Millennium Park offArtsyoffGrant ParkoffFamily FriendlyoffoffoffNightlifeSights of ChicagooffScenicoffoffoff
Thing to do
Bike and Roll Chicago Located in Millennium Park ActiveoffoffoffoffFamily FriendlyoffoffoffoffSights of ChicagooffScenicoffoffoff
Thing to do
Chicago Holiday Fun Pass Located in The Loop offoffoffoffoffFamily FriendlyoffHoliday FunMuseumoffSights of Chicagooffoffoffoffoff
Thing to do
Top Ten Things to Do in Chicago this Summer
1. Head to the Beach. Cool off in the hot Chicago summer time weather by splashing around at one of the great beaches in the area.
2. Explore Lincoln Park Zoo. Take advantage of the Chicago sunshine and the free prices of the this fantastic zoo, where visitors can even feed the animals at a petting zoo.
3. Dip your feet in the fountain at Millennium Park. A popular destination for locals and tourists alike during the warmer months, the fountain at Millennium park is both entertaining to watch and refreshing.
4. Go on a Walking Tour. Summer is the perfect time for a walking tour of Chicago, whether you decide to take an architecture tour, food tour or fun biking tour of the city.
5. Spend some time out of the sun at a museum. Art lovers should not miss the Art Institute of Chicago, while science fanatics should check out the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum of Natural History.
6. Catch a game at Wrigley Field. Baseball and summer go hand in hand, and attending a game at historic Wrigley Field is one of the best ways to spend a summer afternoon or evening.
7. Cool off on a Chicago Boat Cruise. Boat tours are one of the top ways to learn about the Windy City while enjoying a serene day or evening out on the water for some relief from the Chicago heat.
8. Witness some marine life at the Shedd Aquarium. This famous Chicago attraction is an excellent spot for getting up close and personal with dolphins, eels, fish and more.
9. Be a kid again at Navy Pier. Nothing quite beats spending time on a boardwalk in the summer, and Navy Pier is the go-to destination in the Windy City to do just that. Be sure to get some cotton candy and ride the ferris wheel for breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline.
10. Attend the Chicago Air and Water Show. If travelers happen to be in town the weekend this free event takes place on the Lake Michigan shoreline, they should check it out to be a part of the largest show of its kind in the country.
Don't Miss Out on Savings!
Every Chicago Traveler can save big when they plan their trip here! Not only can Chicago Traveler help you find the best things to do during your visit, you can find ways to spend less on every activity so that you can afford to do more! Be sure to check out all of the Chicago Tour Deals that can save you on all the boat tours, food tours, walking tours and more! We also have plenty of discounts to top Chicago attractions, whether you're spending your time in the museums or out at Navy Pier!
All these activities can make you pretty tired by the end of the day though, so make sure to choose the best hotel in Chicago for your trip, but not before you check out all the current Chicago hotel deals to save you big! Chicago hotels often offer package deals to get you a discounted rate on your stay as well as discounted admission to top attractions, shopping deals and more!
You'll never run out of things to do in Chicago, and Chicago Traveler is here to help you save on them all!
Don't forget that Chicago is known for its terrific dining experiences. At some point during your trip, you'll want to try a Chicago hot dog, beef sandwich or deep-dish pizza! Did we say or? You'll probably end up wanting to try them all - everyone else does, so don't feel bad about taking a few extra pounds home with you. You and your darling are in for seriously delicious meals at Chicago restaurants. There are plenty of great hotels in Chicago with workout rooms to work them off in! For an even better way to experience our local cuisine, try the Tastebud Food Tours or the Chicago Food Planet Food Tour. Food Tours are the best way to really get the best food Chicago has to offer!
If you are looking for something for the children while in Chicago, see our Things-to-do for Kids page. It includes activities both in and around the city and links to all the best Chicago things to do with your kids.
For more information and discounts on things to do in Chicago or where to stay in Chicago, check out:
- Most Popular Chicago Attractions
- Best Hotels in Chicago
- Chicago Weather Forecast
- Chicago Hotel Deals
- Chicago Tour Companies
- Top 10 Things to Do in Chicago this Summer
- Attractions Discount Card Comparisons
- Chicago Museum Discount Coupons
- Chicago Deals and Savings
- Book a Tour, Performance, or Attractions Pass
- The Most Popular Chicago Museums
- The Most Popular Theatres in Chicago