Downtown Chicago Deco
Downtown Chicago Deco Events
Downtown Chicago Deco Information
When to Go:
Not suited for young children
- The Downtown Chicago Deco offers patrons a unique perspective on Chicago.
- The Deco Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour takes guests on a tour of downtown as it explores the city's impact on this artistic period.
- Sightseeing Tours Chicago are a great way to learn about the incredible city you're staying in.
224 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Downtown Chicago Deco Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Downtown Chicago Deco Photos
Downtown Chicago Deco Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Downtown Chicago Deco
Do you agree?
Discover Art Deco on the Deco Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour
- Adult Price$15.00
Features: Come out and experience the very essence of Art Deco while on the Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tours. On the Downtown Chicago Deco tour, guests discover the opulent exteriors and interiors of the Roaring 20s Jazz Deco buildings as well as the classic finishes of Art Moderne buildings throughout the city. Learn about Chicago’s influence on the international arts movement, Art Deco, and trace the history of this short, but lively architectural heritage.
During the time period between the two World Wars, an eclectic design style, that later became known as Art Deco, developed. Art Deco is the term often used to refer to a mix of styles spanning the 1920s and 1930s. Through the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression of the 1930s, Art Deco infused the everyday world with an elegance and cool sophistication. Simplicity and geometry are what mainly characterize Art Deco design and is most often combined with vibrant colors and simple shapes that celebrate the rise of commerce and technology. From luxurious objects made from exotic materials to mass produced, streamlined items. Chicago's Jazz Age architecture was simply called Modernistic when it was created in the 1920s, and then Moderne as it evolved into the Swing era of the 1930s. Whether starkly cubistic or smoothly streamlined, the new office and apartment buildings that redefined the skyline embodied the new artistic architectural language of building until the 1950s.
Why We Go: People attend this Windy City Tour, the Downtown Chicago Deco in an effort to learn more about the history of Art Deco as a trend along with how Chicago specifically influenced the genre. Come see the sights of Chicago on this tour!
- Historic: Enjoy the Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour as you learn about Art Deco and its influence on Chicago's art scene.
- Interest: We've all seen an incredible piece of artwork and wanted to understand more about it and how it came to be at its current location. Hop on the Deco Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour, and you can find out!
- Educational Activity: Check out the Sightseeing Tours Chicago and learn even more about Chicago and what makes the Windy City so unique.
Inside Knowledge: Make sure you arrive at the Sante Fe building for the Deco Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour at least 10 minutes early to ensure you don't miss your tour departure.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring a Camera: You're going to want footage of this artistic tour while on Sightseeing Tours Chicago.
- Do Your Research: Look up what the Art Deco style is and why it's important to Chicago. Then you'll enjoy the Downtown Chicago Deco even more.
- Don't Forget Your Walking Shoes: The Deco Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tour requires you to walk around the Windy City Streets for a while.
- Don't Bring the Kids: The Downtown Chicago Sightseeing Tours is geared towards adults and not young children.