Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Events
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Information
10am Daily, 3pm Thurs.- Tues.
When to Go:
The Rookery, The Auditorium Building
Not recommended for young kids
Tour guides are trained by the Chicago Architecture Foundation
- This favorite Chicago walking tour explores the most historic Chicago buildings and skyscrapers Downtown.
- Highlights of the Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Tour include the Chicago Board of Trade Building and the Chicago Rookery National Landmark.
- This popular tour of the most historic Chicago buildings take place year-round.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Photos
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers
Do you agree?
Tour Chicago's Most Iconic Buildings in The Loop
- Adult Price$14.99
- Child Price$0.00
- Senior Price$12.29
Features: In a city identified most prominently by its stunning architecture and unique skyscrapers and buildings, it's no wonder that the Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers tour is one of the most popular Chicago tours Downtown.
The Historic Buildings Chicago Loop Tour features several historic buildings in the Downtown Loop of Chicago, some of which were built as far back as the late-1800's. Famous historical buildings in the Chicago Loop include the Chicago Board of Trade Building, widely regarded as the definition of an Art Deco masterpiece in Chicago. There's also the prominent Auditorium Building, which was declared an official Historic Landmark in 1975, and the Rookery, another famous National Historic Landmark in Chicago.
To learn about the most identifiable Chicago architects and buildings, take this popular Chicago walking tour on your next vacation in the Windy City..
Why We Go: The Historic Buildings Chicago Loop Tour will give you context and historical perspective on the most impressive Chicago buildings and skyscrapers.
- Walking Tour: This popular Chicago architectural tour allows you to stay active while getting an up-close perspective on Chicago's most iconic skyscrapers in The Loop. However, make sure to dress appropriately for this Chicago walking tour, particularly in the Winter months.
- Informative Guides: Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Tour Guides are volunteers that have been certified by the Chicago Architecture Foundation, and their passion for Chicago's most historic buildings and landmarks is unparalleled.
- The Rookery: A highlight of the Historic Chicago Buildings Tour, The Rookery was completed in 1888 by the architects Burnham and Root, remodeled in 1905 by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright, and designated a Chicago landmark in 1972.
Inside Knowledge: The Historic Chicago Look Skyscrapers Tour departs from the Sante Fe Building on 224 Michigan Ave, Chicago, and make sure to arrive 10 minutes before departure.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Book Ahead: We recommend booking your place on the Historic Buildings the Chicago Loop Tour ahead of time to ensure a tour departure time that works best for your schedule.
- Do Eat Nearby: There are a number of favorite Chicago restaurants in The Loop perfect for an after-tour lunch or dinner after you've worked up an appetite touring Chicago's most majestic buildings. Check out our directory of Chicago Loop restaurants!
- Don't Miss the History: Learn about the transformation of Chicago after the Great Fire of 1871 - and find out which Chicago buildings have stood this amazing test of time - when you participate in the Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers Tour.
- Don't Bring the Kids: The Historic Chicago Buildings Tour is not recommended for kids, as there are a number of historical references and technical details that are likely to go over their head.