Chicago South Shore Tour
Chicago South Shore Tour Events
Chicago South Shore Tour Information
June 1-September 30, 11:30am & 3:30pm; October 1-May 31, 12pm
When to Go:
During the Summer months a Chicago South Shore Tour departing at 11:30am can be upgraded to include a guided cruise on Lake Michigan for an extra $20.00 per person.
- The 1893 Columbian Exposition was held at Jackson Park to celebrate the founding of America 400 years earlier.
- On the South Shore Chicago Tour you will see the Museum of Science and Industry, the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.
- South Shore Chicago Tours take you by the Art Institute of Chicago, which is world renowned for the largest collection of impressionistic art.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago South Shore Tour Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago South Shore Tour Photos
Chicago South Shore Tour Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Chicago South Shore Tour
Do you agree?
Chicago South Shore Tours Share the History and Wonder of Chicago's South Shore Area
- Adult Price$24.99
- Child Price$12.49
Features: South Shore Chicago Tours are full of interest, history, and beauty. You'll travel through Grant Park, the front lawn of the city and site of: Soldier Field, the Adler Planetarium with its sky dome, the Joseph Petrillo outdoor band-shell, the Art Institute of Chicago, Orchestra Hall (home of the famous Chicago Symphony Orchestra), the Shedd Aquarium (the world's largest Aquarium), and the Field Museum of Natural History, renowned for the size and scope of its collections. From Grant Park you can also see the 80 story Amoco Oil Building, completely faced in white granite back-dropping all these famous Chicago sites. Then you'll travel through the South Commons, a new 'close-in' residential community.
You will also travel through the beautiful Jackson Park, then pass through the University of Chicago with its elegant English style architecture, and see the Museum of Science and Industry, a tribute to man's ingenuity and inventiveness. You'll see the world's highest apartment building, Lake Point Towers, architecturally stunning and built of glass and curves. Adjacent to the towers is Navy Pier, Chicago's inland port. On each Chicago South Shore Tour a camera stop will be made at the Adler Planetarium for its breathtaking view. Sometimes a substitute stop will be made.
Why We Go: The Chicago South Shore Tour is one of the best tours the city has to offer. So many amazing sites will be seen on this tour, and if your trip is rather short, this is a great way to learn a lot about the major sites with limited time and a limited budget. South Shore Chicago Tours are offered year-round, and will help you decide what famous Chicago sites you will want to take a closer look at.
- Sites: South Shore Chicago Tours take you around Chicago's most famous sites, and share with you the history surrounding them while you enjoy their beauty. This tour is a great way to help you decide which sites you want to revisit and spend more time at.
- Lake Cruise Upgrade: For a nominal fee you can upgrade your South Shore Chicago Tour to include a Lake Cruise. A boat will take you out onto Lake Michigan where you can admire Chicago's famous lakefront skyline.
- Family Friendly: The Chicago South Shore Tour is family friendly, and perfect for families travelling on a budget. Children under five are FREE, and your kids will love seeing all these famous sites on a reasonable two-hour tour.
Inside Knowledge: Children under five may take a Chicago Tour in South Shore for FREE.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Kids: South Shore Chicago Tours are family friendly and children under five are FREE. Take advantage of this wonderful tour around some of Chicago's most famous landmarks.
- Do Check The Website: Be sure to check the website for ticket availability and prices, which are subject to change.
- Don't Forget to Upgrade: Upgrade your Chicago South Shore Tour to include a scenic Lake Tour where you will get to enjoy Chicago's beautiful skyline from the waters of Lake Michigan.
- Don't Wait: Book your tickets now before the tours fill up.