Tribune Tower Events
Tribune Tower Information
No tours available
When to Go:
No tours available
- The Tribune Tower is a famous neo-Gothic building in the Near North Side of Chicago, and is home to the Chicago Tribune newspaper.
- The Chicago Tribune Tower was completed in 1925, and has been a popular Chicago landmark ever since.
- The rock collection at the Tribune Tower features small pieces of history from around the world, including the Great Wall of China and The Colosseum in Rome.
435 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60686
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
4.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Tribune Tower Reviews
Tribune Tower Photos
Tribune Tower Hotel
Do you agree?
Iconic Chicago Building is the Home of the Chicago Tribune
This activity is FREE!
Features: The Tribune Tower is a famous neo-Gothic Chicago building home to the Chicago Tribune newspaper. Completed in 1925, this iconic Chicago attraction is regarded as a historic landmark, and the WGN Radio Station in Chicago still broadcasts live from the Chicago Tribune Tower each day.
Why We Go: The Chicago Tribune Tower has one of the most beautiful exteriors of any American building, and has inspired numerous skyscrapers around the world since its inception.
- Photo-Ops: One of Chicago's most photographed buildings, no Chicago vacation is complete without a picture at this 36-story Chicago landmark.
- History: The Chicago Tribune Tower has been the site of some of the most important journalistic investigations and stories in America, and has been featured in dozens of Chicago TV shows and movies over the years.
- The Rock Collection: The walls of the Tribune Building feature a collection of rocks from around the world, including a rock from the Great Wall, Rome's Colosseum and even the Moon.
Inside Knowledge: The Tribune Tower was designed by the architects John Mead Howells and Raymond Hood, who won a design contest that collected more than 260 entries and gave away $100,000 worth of prize money.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Visit the Lobby: Essentially one of the only areas in the Tribune Tower Chicago open to the general public, this sprawling lobby gives Chicago tourists a small sample size of this historic Chicago landmark.
- Do Stay Nearby: Chicago hotel specialsclose to the Tribune Tower in Chicago include the luxurious 5-star Chicago Elysian Hotel less than a mile away, and there are more affordable Chicago hotel rates at the Best Western Plus River North Hotel.
- Don't Miss the Gift Shop: The Tribune Store is located on the first floor of the Tribune Building, and has plenty of great souvenirs highlighting the history of this popular Chicago attraction.
- Don't Expect a Personal Tour: Unless you know somebody that works at the famous Chicago Tribune Tower, there are unfortunately no tours available for Chicago tourists or locals.