War Horse Chicago
War Horse Chicago Information
- War Horse is one of the more dramatic Chicago shows, playing at the Chicago Cadillac Palace this season.
- Set in World War I, a boy's horse is sold into the cavalry and even though he’s too young to enlist and join this beloved horse himself, he makes it his mission to reunite with him and bring his best friend home safely.
- This is a story of loyalty, friendship and courage that any audience member can relate to and be inspired by.
Dec. 18, 2012- Jan. 5, 2013
Cadillac Palace Theatre
151 West Randolph St
Chicago, Illinois 60601
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
War Horse Chicago Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
War Horse Chicago
Do you agree?
War Horse is a touching story of friendship and loyalty, playing this season at the Chicago Cadillac Palace.
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $26-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Check out other shows playing now!
Features: War Horse Chicago is part of an ongoing tour around the country this season. This simple yet extremely touching story is a must see on its two-week stay at the Cadillac Palace. On top of the beautiful story, this show is known for its visual feats and dramatic effects. You’re not going to want to miss the chance to see these Chicago shows!
Why We Go: While the actual story may seem simple, a boy going after his horse, the themes of courage and loyalty hold true and make an impact on every member of the audience.
- Touching Story: There are few Chicago shows this season with a storyline as moving as this one. This is a story of passion and hope, and is backed up with a beautifully touching musical score too.
- Grownup Puppet Show: Of course they won't bring a real horse on to fill that role. The life-sized puppets that do fill in for horses are strong enough to be ridden and make a real impact. They were created by South Africa's Handspring Puppet Company.
- Broadway Classic: War Horse on Broadway won 5 Tony Awards in 2011, including Best Play. War Horse won’t disappoint either, so get your Chicago show tickets today!
Inside Knowledge: When you’re not seeing War Horse Chicago live on stage, there was also a movie version of the story that came out in 2011.
- Do Bring Your Older Kids: This would be a great show to see with the whole family if your kids can handle violence. Due to all the war scenes in the show though, it has been rated PG-13.
- Do Stay Nearby: There are tons of great Chicago hotel deals for hotels in this area, along with all the other things to do in Chicago that are going on around the Cadillac Palace.
- Don’t Wait For Tickets: There’s a good chance you can get tickets on the night of the show, but it’s a good idea to buy them online in advance. Chicago Traveler can help you find great seats at an affordable price to the show of your choice!
- Don’t Go Hungry: These Chicago shows are almost 3 hours long, and while there is an intermission in the middle, we don’t suggest relying on the candy and sodas you’ll find in the lobby to hold you over. Besides, there’s some of the best places to eat in Chicago right around the corner!