Wicker Park Events
Wicker Park Information
When to Go:
Dog friendly park
- Wicker Park Chicago near Bucktown is a dog friendly Chicago park on the West Side.
- There is a playground, baseball field and basketball court at Wicker Park Chicago IL.
- A Summer movie series is featured in July and August at this favorite Chicago park.
1425 N. Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
3.8 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Wicker Park Reviews
Wicker Park Photos
Wicker Park Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Scenic Chicago Park and West Side Neighborhood
This activity is FREE!
Features: Wicker Park Chicago was established in 1870 by the brothers Charles and Joel Wicker. Four acres of charming natural beauty, this pet friendly Chicago park is one of the most popular parks in Chicago, and has provided tourists and locals with a small green oasis in the West Side of Chicago.
Why We Go: Wicker Park Chicago IL has a small playground for kids, and a baseball diamond perfect for a pick-up game or just throwing the ball around.
- Dog Friendly: Wicker Park Chicago is a dog friendly Chicago park, so feel free to bring your furry friend along for a little exercise in their spacious field.
- Family Fun: Your kids can burn a little energy in Bucktown Wicker Park on their playground, and cool off on a hot Summer day in their convenient Spraypool.
- Nearby Attractions: Chicago attractions close to Wicker Park Chicago IL include the popular Chopin Theatre, and the popular Double Door Chicago music venue nearby plays some of the best live music in Chicago nearly every night.
Inside Knowledge: Each Summer, Wicker Park Chicago participates in the Movies in the Parks series, which shows modern classics for most ages and backgrounds starting around dusk. Check the Chicago events schedule to find out which movies will be played at this popular Chicago attraction.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Glove: Grab your baseball glove and flash a little leather on the diamond at Wicker Park Chicago IL.
- Do Eat Nearby: Chicago restaurants close to Wicker Park Chicago IL include the popular Smoke Daddy BBQ Restaurant Chicago, and there are a number of great Chicago cafes if you're jonesing for a coffee or small snack.
- Don't Forget Sunscreen: There are a few shaded areas at this Chicago park near Bucktown, but you'll still want to pack sunscreen for yourself and the little ones when you visit Wicker Park Chicago.
- Don't Drink: Alcohol is prohibited at this family friendly Chicago attraction, but there are plenty of great Chicago bars close by.