Chicago Traveler Blog

Chicago Traveler Blog

Get Excited: Chicago is Getting Yet Another New Hotel

1/20/12 | by

New hotels just seem to be sprouting up all over Chicago lately. The newest addition rests in the tallest building in Lincoln Park. Its name: Hotel Lincoln.

Although, it’s an awesome location, there aren’t many good hotels in Lincoln Park, but that’s all about to change.

It’s the latest -- and only second property outside of California -- for the fabulous hotel chain Joie de Vivre Hospitality. And while Chicago is a long way from Hollywood, JDV doesn’t seem out of their comfort zone at all. Hotel Lincoln looks pretty pimp.

It’s in the same building as the former Park View Hotel on North Clark, which is currently under major renovations for the project.

The 12-story hotel will feature phenomenal views from all 184 guest rooms. 40% of the rooms of will overlook downtown Chicago, and for those looking for more of a scenic view rather then that of concrete and steel, the remaining 60% will look out over the Lincoln Park Zoo and tranquil Lake Michigan.

Which leads to the theme: quirky nautical. A great theme for a hotel with the majority of rooms overlooking a lake.

The historic hotel building is being transformed into a trendy nightlife spot, even sporting an all-season rooftop bar (enough reason for us to check this place out). The lobby bar, lounge, rooms, they’ll all be transformed.

The only thing that will stay the same as before is the incredible Michelin Star rated restaurant Perennial Virant, which will also offer room service.

Hotel Lincoln opens March 30 with rooms going for around $199. Although we plan on waiting to stay there until later in the spring when the rates drop to the lower 100’s. Until then, we’ll definitely be stopping by that rooftop bar.