Cruising year-round from Chicago’s Navy Pier, Spirit of Chicago offers stunning skyline views, lakefront dining, games, and even an onboard DJ. Brunch, lunch and dinner cruises include tasty buffet-style meals that please the palate.
Spirit of Chicago is designed with modern amenities including a rooftop lounge, dance floor, and interior decks that are climate controlled for accommodating cruises all year long. Carrying up to 600 passengers on three decks, Spirit is one of the largest vessels that runs boat tours on Lake Michigan.
Types of Spirit of Chicago Tours
Some of the general or special cruise events that may be offered on Spirit of Chicago include:
Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Cruises
Cruises lasting approximately 2-2 ½ hours provide an enjoyable backdrop for a meal on the water. Tickets include a buffet dinner and soft drinks, views of Chicago’s famous attractions, and onboard entertainment. A cash bar is available for certain cruises. Guests who reserve a window table gain the best views!
In the late evening, Fireworks cruises run typically two nights a week throughout the summer and allow guests to spend three leisurely hours on the water. The Spirit’s rooftop deck provides unobstructed views of Navy Pier’s fireworks, and onboard entertainment makes the evening perfect. (Fireworks from Navy Pier are weather permitting.)
Special Events Cruises
Spirit of Chicago guests can enjoy unique opportunities for cruises that celebrate special occasions or bring people with certain affinities together. Whether Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or 4th of July, holiday cruises are a fun way to celebrate. Other specialty cruises may include Cabaret Jazz, Gospel Music, or Chicago Air & Water Show cruises.
Whether chartering the entire vessel for a event that will cater to hundreds of guests, gaining access to a private deck for a large group, or simply reserving a large table for an intimate gathering, Spirit of Chicago can accommodate special occasions such as anniversaries, bridal showers, and even school events in a dynamic, fun and safe environment.
What You’ll See on a Spirit of Chicago Tour
Spirit of Chicago cruises depart from historic Navy Pier on Lake Michigan and travel down the lakefront with magnificent views of downtown. Views include iconic buildings and famous landmarks such as the John Hancock Building, Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower), Adler Planetarium, Aon Center and much more.
Spirit of Chicago Tours Services
In addition to a variety of daily public tours, Spirit of Chicago also offers bookings for groups. For private chartering, wedding/event planners are accessible to make the day go smoothly. Corporate and other private events can benefit from conveniences such as sound system, projector, Wi-fi and other amenities.
Spirit of Chicago works in association with Seadog Cruises and Odyssey Cruises to offer a complete array of water tour options on Lake Michigan and Chicago River.
Spirit of Chicago Tours Timing
One of the few tour companies that offers Lake Michigan cruises year-round, Spirit can accommodate almost any weather with climate controlled interior decks. Cruises run several times a day throughout the year, with more options during the peak season from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Spirit of Chicago Tours Considerations
Details guests may need to know about prior to booking a Spirit of Chicago cruise include:
- At night or during the day, the vessel provides fun and games including shuffleboard, super-sized Jenga and much more.
- Most people wear casually stylish attire, with closed-toe shoes that are flat and safe for cruising on the water.
- The Spirit of Chicago has a deck and restrooms that can accommodate most standard wheelchairs.
- Children are welcome and those under the age of three are complimentary. A discount may be offered for children 3-12 on certain meal cruises.
- Passengers on late night cruises must show valid ID that they are 21 years or older.
- As the vessel is subject to search by the US Coast Guard, passengers are asked not to bring unnecessary bags that could slow the boarding process.
- Most cell phones do get service on the boat, but usage should be limited to the observation deck.
- Passengers may smoke on outdoor observation decks.
- Cruises are typically not cancelled due to weather and guests should dress appropriately. Should the Coast Guard require cancellation, the ship will continue with the event dockside.
- Parking is available at Navy Pier where the Spirit vessel docks.
Book a Spirit of Chicago Tour
Tickets for Spirit of Chicago Tours should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Booking is easy online. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.