Arlington Park Racetrack
Arlington Park Racetrack Events
Arlington Park Racetrack Information
When to Go:
Kids under 17 admitted free
No outside glass or alcohol allowed.
- The Arlington Park Racetrack Chicago is open from May- September, with live horse races each weekend and the occasional Wednesday and Thursday races.
- The biggest race of the year at the Arlington Racketrack Chicago is the Arlington Million, which takes place the second weekend of August annually.
- This family friendly Chicago attraction allows kids under 17 free admission with their parents or guardians.
2200 West Euclid Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Arlington Park Racetrack Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Arlington Park Racetrack Photos
Arlington Park Racetrack Hotel
Arlington Park Racetrack
Do you agree?
Renowned Horse Racing Track North of Chicago
Features: Arlington Park, located in Chicago's northwest suburb Arlington Heights, offers the ultimate setting to experience thoroughbred racing. It is a clean, comfortable facility featuring lush landscaping and a six-story grandstand. The park was first opened in 1927. In 1985, the facility was devastated by fire and did not reopen until 1989. Since then, the park has been dedicated to the concept of family entertainment. Arlington's underlying commitment is to create an internationally acclaimed venue that reinvents horse racing as respectable and appealing entertainment.
Arlington Park entertainment is a great show with good food in a distinctive setting. More important for the newcomer is the fact that such a setting provides a manageable, familiar and comfortable environment in which to learn about racing. Along with the full effect of racing's traditional pageantry Arlington hosts a live bugler in traditional dress, the parade of jockeys and the post parade. Arlington provides an abundance of non-racing entertainment throughout its race day. A day at Arlington is a day of fun and excitement. It is the total racing experience at the highest level.
The racing season at Arlington Park typically runs mid-May through September/October. The park offers a variety of dining choices and has a nice gift shop. Check Arlington Park's website for dates and schedule of events.
Why We Go: Arlington Park Racetrack Chicago is the premier horse racing venue in Chicago, and is popular with families and friends on vacation in Chicago.
- Outdoor Fun: Even if you have no interest in betting or horse racing, nothing beats enjoying a cold beverage in the beautiful Arlington Park Racetrack on a warm Summer day in Chicago.
- The Horses: Thoroughbreds featured at the Arlington Park Racetrack Chicago are highly-trained athletes, and their majestic beauty and impressive speed make them amazing to watch in person.
- Place a Bet: Whether you're willing to put $5 or $50 down on a long-shot or a favorite, betting on the horse races at the Arlington Racetrack Chicago definitely adds to the excitement of this popular Chicago attraction.
Inside Knowledge: Premium days and Chicago events at the Arlington Park Chicago Racetrack are usually the most crowded, and feature the highest admission prices. If you're a seasoned horse race veteran, you'll know that the best time to go to this Chicago racetrack is Friday and the occasional weekday races.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Food: Outside food is allowed into this popular attraction for Chicago sports fans, however, the food must be packaged individually and not commercially. (i.e. sandwiches, vegetables and chips in Ziplock bags, etc.)
- Do Reserve a Table: Convenient for Chicago travelers visiting with family or a group of friends, tables and canopies at the Arlington Park Racetrack can be reserved at prices ranging from $3- $25, and do not include admission, drinks or food.
- Don't Skip the Pubs: Chicago bars and pubs at the Arlington Park Racetrack Chicago are scattered around the track, and include reasonable beer prices and snacks. Check out the Paddock Pub for an Irish-style pub experience, or reserve your spot in the VIP Million Room online.
- Don't Forget Sunscreen: While much of the grandstand at the Arlington Racetrack Chicago is shaded, you'll want to bring sunscreen to this outdoor attraction in Chicago, as the entire race day usually stretches to around five hours or more.